➠ 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

█║▌│║│║█║█║▌│█║▌│║│║█

track eight: reel around the fountain

█║▌│║│║█║█║▌│█║▌│║│║█

THE INFAMOUS high school dance. The opinion of a teenager when it came to their outlook on the school event gave a specifically detailed report on their very status in the school. The individuals currently buzzing around the school to promote themselves to be voted for royal court only proved this. Seeing another poster strategically placed right on her locker, Roxanne stared daggers into the flimsy paper. Ripping it aggressively she shoved it into the bin nearest her and stormed off.

Marty and Lee came into the school and noticied her to greet her only to be met with her angrily brushing past them. Curiously Lee went over to take out the poster from the bin as Marty mouthed an Oh. They placed it back as he worriedly watched her leave into the girl's restroom. "Exes suck. But they suck more when they're rubbing it in your face thinking they're better after you," Lee mentioned.

Caroline Boyd seemed to still constantly be hovering around their lives whether on purpose or not. When she thought that the time had past and the wounds had healed, there she was again. It was a cycle that seemed to prove to have no end. Continuing to sit in the bathroom stall well into the bell ringing to mark the beginning of classes, Roxanne felt defeated. Another point in Boyd's favor and another loss in hers.

Coming out of hiding she ran the faucet to wash her face quickly before turning out of the bathroom and out of the school grounds. Cutting class wasn't as detrimental as one would think it to be and with an absent parent like her mother it was easy to get away, making it hard to not do it any chance she had. Putting her skateboard on the ground Roxanne put on the headsets to turn on her Walkman on her pursuit.

The small town was quiet now with majority if not all of the residents either at work at stuck in school. Eventually she found herself at the comic store, hopping off her ride to pick the board up and walk inside. Turning her head at the sound of the bell, Laura stopped stalking to glare at her friend proudly entering the joint as if she herself owned it. "Get the hell back to class, Roxie."

"Can't. I decided today is a no Roxie school day," She told her, leaning her head on the counter to look behind her friend to the shelves of comics, "You're such a nerd."

"Pays for food smartass," Laura told her and lifted up the boxes underneath her, "Got your Doctor Who ones here if you want them."

Roxanne rolled her eyes and shoved the box away. "I haven't read those in years," She told her, still eyeing the sci-fi box. Her friend smiled over her doing this as she pointed a finger to it. "There only Doctor Who ones in there or do you also have Mystery in Space?"