➠ 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

█║▌│║│║█║█║▌│█║▌│║│║█

track twelve: watch your step

█║▌│║│║█║█║▌│█║▌│║│║█

THE BROWN ESTATE, or what could be known as the remains of it, had become the teenagers secret hideout. After the dare both Roxanne and Marty had decided not to share it with any of their other friend's and held true to that. Assisting with the Doc came with its own set of adventures.

Upon crash landing into the mad scientist and his dog's world came experiments and procedure neither Roxanne or Marty had much brain power to comprehend. Roxanne was fascinated by the Doc entirely on her own interest in science fiction, thinking everything he spoke was straight out of a Mad Science comic run. She had no idea what exactly he said or what he was doing and often times wrecked things on accident, but she did have fun doing it.

Marty, while being happy to have some common ground with his friend other than music, didn't mind using the place as another excuse to be anywhere but home. With living in a small town came with limitations to express oneself some way. Other than the band or the arcade, he didn't have much of anything else. The Doc when they did come, however, kept them plenty busy.

Currently they were instructed that he was working on schematics for a project that had taken him nearly 30 years in the making. Their friend was preoccupied with gathering equipment for this which he now handed over to Marty as Roxanne went to fill up Einstein's food dispenser seeing as the Doc had forgotten to do so. Looking through the list Marty let out a laugh as their friend grabbed a lab coat and goggles from a hanger. "You need a van?"

"Can you even afford a van?" Roxanne turned with a laugh as she looked over Marty's shoulder to the list. "Pretty hefty size, Doc. You're putting way too much into this."

"We could borrow it for moving stuff for our bands," Marty whispered to her under his breath.

She pointed at it again swiftly with a nod. "Actually maybe you should get something bigger."

Noticing the kid's ploy the Doc sighed, handing them the budget he had for the vehicle. "Doesn't have to be anything fancy, I don't mind fixing it up. I just need something big enough to fit a car." He motioned over to Roxanne to place a hand on his shoulder. "Shouldn't be too hard."

"You're mocking me but I'll take it," Roxanne returned to him as she snatched the location on the slip of paper from Marty's hands, "We'll be back to walk Einie." Going back out the front door just as quickly as they came she locked the fence behind her with the lock and tucked the key away giving Marty a chance to snag the slip again.

Giving him a look he waved it pridefully in his hands. "I could snag us a deal y'know."

"Oh yeah since you've got such a winning personality."