➠ 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐢𝐱

█║▌│║│║█║█║▌│█║▌│║│║█

track six: you're no good

█║▌│║│║█║█║▌│█║▌│║│║█

THE SUBURBAN RELAPSE. That's what it felt like stepping up to the McFly home. Nuclear family 101. Roxanne stood outside the door that weekend disheveled by her own choice with only her guitar and some cash on hand. Realizing in that moment she had forgotten her keys to head home and figured that would be a problem for her future self. Eventually the boy she was meant to be meeting came out, having his cheeks wiped off of food from his lunch that his mother wanted to get rid of.

Embarrassed as he noticed Roxanne waiting right outside Marty tried to brush his mother away quickly but was unsuccessful. "Ma!"

His mother's eyes darted to the girl outside and gave her son a distasteful look. "Why can't you make yourself some nicer friends? Not ones that are so..." Calling out in embarrassment again and shoving her hands away he grabbed his own things to rush out the house while he still could. Going ahead to the girl ahead of him he beamed over to her, being cut short by his mother yelling at the front door. "I'll call Kaylee's parents to make sure they check on you kids! Lord knows they give you too much freedom."

Cringing at her yelling this was only ruined by Roxanne laughing over his reaction. "Aw, she seems like a sweetheart."

"Funny."

The pair skated along side each other without much of a word as Marty didn't know what exactly to say. The fact she agreed to practice with his band at all surprised him. He figured Roxanne wanted nothing to do with him considering they hardly spoke more than a minute or two in the hall every blue moon. Though it wasn't just her fault, he didn't know what to say to her either. This happening around the time competition between his band and Needle's being more of a sensitive time, especially for the other members.

Holding open the door leading to the basement, Roxanne turned the corner to find the large room set up already for their practice. Being surprised by this she was soon nudged along to continue into the building. The other three already there had been carrying their own conversation before stopping short upon their arrival.

Nervously Marty waved a hand over to his guest while his friends looked to her seriously. "I'm sure you all know Roxanne." She waved when he said her name, allowing him to attempt to mediate her arrival into their session. "So what—"

"Are you only here so Needles can get intel on what we're doing," Bobby suggested.

Paul nodded soon after, waving a drum stick over to his friend. "Y'know Bobby and Marty work really hard on their songs. You gotta have a heart."

"Plus, we can't help if they're shit. That's their business," Lee continued.

Setting her things down Roxanne raised her hands to address the obvious suspicions of her being here. "I'm not here because of my brother." She then eyed Marty seriously. "And I'm not here to get involved with whatever petty feud you both have. I just wanna get better at the guitar and I can't keep cooped up in my room playing by ear over tracks." The others looked to each other once she was finished, obviously still having their doubts.