❃ 5 ❃

~Past Life~

"I'm so tired," I groaned as I kicked my heels off my feet and let myself sink into my bed.

"Don't get too comfortable yet. You have a meeting with the crown prince soon," Seungmin reminded me.

"Ugh!" I muffled into the sheets of my bed before I rolled over onto my back. "Why does it have to be today?"

"They say he's eager to see you again," he commented.

"I'm not," I scoffed as I sat upright. "You're the one I'm eager to see everyday."

"I feel the same way." He stood in front of me and gently reached for my hand and raised my hand towards his lips where he placed a light kiss on the back of my hand.

"I'm sad that I'll have to stand there and watch him flirt with you," he pouted as he interlocked his fingers with mine.

"You know that if I could, I would throw him out of the palace," I chuckled. "It's tempting to do actually."

Seungmin laughed and chimed in, "Just say the word and I'll do it for you."

"You're too cute," I laughed and lightly pinched his cheek.

A knock was heard outside the door and I heard my personal maid say, "Princess, the Crown Prince has arrived. Would you like me to help you get dressed?"

"I'll be okay on my own. Please send word that I will be there shortly."

"Yes." I heard her footsteps retreat and sighed as I leaned into Seungmin's chest.

"I just need to endure it for one hour then he'll be gone."

"And then I get to have you to myself the rest of the night," grinned Seungmin as he pulled me into his arms and planted kisses all over my face.

I accepted them all and eagerly planted a kiss on his lips that seemed to deepen by the second and left us breathless when our lips parted. "We'll be sure to continue that later."

"It's only just begun," he huskily whispered near my ear and let his breath travel to my exposed neck where he lightly nibbled on it and held himself back from leaving a mark. He pulled himself away and turned my body around, "Go get ready now or you won't end up leaving your room anytime soon."

"You already know I don't want to." I quickly changed into another dress and quickly brushed my long (h/c) hair.

'I should put in a little more effort with appearance since I'm meeting with him, but then again, why should I put in effort for someone I'm not even interested in?'

"Are you ready?" Asked Seungmin as he held the door open for me.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

I stepped out of my room and walked down the hall with Seungmin right by my side until I reached the drawing room where I saw the prince seated and patiently waiting with a large bouquet of flowers in his hands.

He perked his head up and turned his head when he heard me come in. He jumped to his feet and made his way over to me with a dreamy gaze in his eyes.

"Good afternoon Princess (Y/n)," greeted Yeonjun as he bowed before me.

"Welcome your Royal Highness." I curtsied, but he stopped me from doing so a second longer by placing his hand on my shoulder. "I'm your fiancée now. There's no need for that."