Chapter 6

It had all been arranged (Y/N) and Fred were about to head to the shop "See you guys in a week" Said (Y/N) brightly. It had been agreed that they would meet her at Fred and George's shop to then get their school things.

(Y/N)'s mum was going to stay at the Weasleys for the time being for which (Y/N) was grateful, as it meant she didn't have to worry about her. It was great to see that her mum and Mrs Weasley had become such good friends, but they both had disapproving looks when she announced that she was going to spend a week alone with Fred, but as she was old enough there wasn't much they could do.

(Y/N) accidently slipped out "Anyway it's not like it's the first time" to which the boys including Fred roared with laughter, while Hermione – as usual - looked torn between amusement and disapproval, (Y/N)'s mum gave her a warning after that "I hope you're being careful (Y/N), he is older than you after all."

"Mum I am, and it was actually Fred that made sure I was careful, he takes care of me don't worry."

"I always worry about you, but I'm glad to hear that I will rest easier." And she gave (Y/N) a hug.

Mrs Weasley had obviously been thinking along the same lines, as at (Y/N)'s announcement she had narrowed her eyes and shouted "Fred! A word!" (Y/N) followed after him and listened, she was worried as it was her fault.

Mrs Weasley faced Fred, hands on her hips "Well?"

"What?" Fred asked innocently.

"You know very well what! Fred, I hope you're being careful, she is younger than you and I hope you're not leading her astray, I know what you're like."

"Of course, we're being careful! I made sure of that, I'm not stupid! I respect (Y/N), and I would never do anything to hurt her" Fred looked embarrassed having this conversation with his mother.

Mrs Weasley deflated a little "I'm glad to hear you're sensible about that at least."

"And we are both old enough you know!" Fred retorted.

Mrs Weasley rolled her eyes. "Yes, Fred I'm aware, I had meant to speak to you earlier about this anyway."

"You knew?" Fred asked surprised.

"Of course, I knew! The way you two are with each other! And I was young once you know, I remember me and your father..."

"Alright! Alright!" Fred interrupted "I don't want that image in my mind."

"Well... ok then you can go. Oh, and Fred?" She said as Fred turned to go.

"Yeah?"

"Sorry I didn't believe in you and George about the shop, I was just worried. But you have both done well for yourselves and I'm proud of you" Fred brought Mrs Weasley into a hug.

"Thanks mum, I love you."

"I love you too" Mrs Weasley hugged him tightly her voice thick with emotion "I will tell this to George as well when he gets here."

Fred smiled "He will like that"

There was movement and Fred was suddenly in front of her leaning against the door frame with arms crossed, a cheeky grin on his face. "Someone is being nosy" (Y/N) flushed but Fred didn't look annoyed just amused to her relief.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have eavesdropped, but I was worried I had got you in trouble" she looked around nervously "I hope Mrs Weasley doesn't know I was listening."

"She's right behind you!" Fred exclaimed and (Y/N) spun round but there was no one there.

Fred laughed and laughed "Hahaha you really fell for that one!" He was crying with mirth.