Foreword

These Violent Delights is a noncommercial and transformative piece of fan work using characters from the Star Wars franchise trademarked by Lucasfilm Ltd

These Violent Delights is a noncommercial and transformative piece of fan work using characters from the Star Wars franchise trademarked by Lucasfilm Ltd. All Star Wars characters, Star Wars places, and Star Wars themes that appear in this book are created and owned by Lucasfilm Ltd. The author does not claim any ownership over them or Star Wars.

Non-Star Wars characterizations, events, relationships, and plots in These Violent Delights are the creation of the author and are copyrighted by the author. Content owned by the author is not purported or believed to be a part of Lucasfilm Ltd canon. This book is for personal entertainment only and is not part of the official storyline created by Lucasfilm Ltd. Downloading or copying any content in These Violent Delights is a violation to both Lucasfilm Ltd. and the author's rights.

Hi! Some of you might have read the original version of TVD from 2019

Hi! Some of you might have read the original version of TVD from 2019. This is still the same Star War's version, just turned into a reylo book, and is better and longer (160k+ new words, thoroughly edited and reworked). Whether you are a returning reader or have never heard of this book before, please keep the following in mind:

-If you have certain triggers, please read the warnings at the beginning of each chapter (if applicable). Graphic depictions of blood/violence, sexually explicit content, severe angst, and strong language are main themes in this novel and are not always tagged, so please don't begin These Violent Delights if that's an issue for you. This is your warning now, this is not a light-hearted love story.

-While there are Star War's characters in this book, they are intentionally not written canonically. This means they are very different from what you will see in the movies (besides static things such as their attire, weapons, position of power, etc). Similarly, this book lives within its own universe, not within the SW universe. It features certain plot lines from the movies, but it doesn't follow any canonical order of events. We also have no idea Rey is Force sensitive until later in the book, and she is written very differently than the movies (defiant, very sex-positive/forward and morally gray). If you prefer your reylo fan-fiction to be 100% true to the source content, These Violent Delights is not for you.

 If you prefer your reylo fan-fiction to be 100% true to the source content, These Violent Delights is not for you

You wouldn't be reading this book right now if it weren't for those that helped me along the way. To my man that has never seen a Star Wars movie in his life but is still my biggest fan, thank you. I love you. To my best friends that still like me even though it takes me 26 business days to respond to a text, thank you. I love you. To my readers that stick around even though I'm a perfectionist and it takes me 382 years to complete a project, thank you. I love you.

Another huge thank you to the TVD project manager and Spreadsheet Queen, Natasha Catino. I'm quite positive I'd still be trying to figure out how to wrangle the team of editors if it weren't for you. I will forever be grateful, impressed, and envious of your organizational skills.

To the occasional (but always willing) editorial team, Alexandria Clay, Rebecca Gawronski, Charlotte Hobbs, Sian Kimsey, Shaddia Qasem, Brenda Quesada and Emily Slater—thank you. Your flexibility and eagerness to help me with this behemoth will always be appreciated.

Thank you to the incredible artist and human being, Daria, who designed this book cover. I was blown away by your talent the first time I saw your work, and still can't believe I was lucky enough to have you design the Reylo: These Violent Delights cover. I am so very grateful for your contribution and the warm welcome to the reylo community. [check out her art on IG! @giztheskyriser]

Most notably, thank you to my primary editor, Liz Coe. You played a critical role in finalizing each and every chapter. That is 360,000 words, bb girl. You're amazing. Without you, this book wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable. Without you, I'd never pick between "door" and "doors" and Kylo's pulse would quicken every other sentence. Thank you, thank you. I wasn't joking all those times I said I'd simply die without you. [hire her to edit your book, fan fiction or not! she's on IG as @lizcoe_]

To every single person that donated to make the author/reader platform ficsin possible, this is for you. While we encountered more setbacks with the site (which is why we are all here rn), I am still eternally grateful for your support. One day, ficsin will be available for all. Until then, I hope you can enjoy These Violent Delights on wattpad (not ao3), and that the changes/improvements live up to your expectations. I have tried very hard to make it perfect, but it's still a massive manuscript that was finalized with very little resources. So, in other words, if you see a typo...no, you don't. ;)

Enjoy. Thanks for your patience. Happy to be back to the Star Wars fandom, and I'm incredibly excited to get to know the the reylo community better. I love connecting with readers; go to my wattpad profile to find links for my social media and other projects.