Chapter Seventeen.

"What are you staring at?" Luke asked behind her as she continued watching how the rain was tapping hard at the windows. She couldn't see anything clearly since it was raining pretty heavily but she could see how the whole thing was hitting on the sea.

"Why did you bring me here?" She asked instead, still gazing through the window.

"Well-" He took a glass of wine over to her. "This is my go to crib whenever I need to clear my head." He replied.

"This must be the other house aside the penthouse." She said, taking a sip of the red wine.

He nodded gently. "Do you like it?" He asked.

She knew she liked the fact that they could see the sea from the window here and it was away from town with the tropical feeling, the palm trees were a great shade, she loved it.

"It's nice." Was all she said. "But-why exactly are we here because I feel there is a reason for it."

"Must there be?"

"There's always a reason you do things now." She replied immediately.

He sighed realizing she was probably right. "We are trying to prove that we are engaged, what better way do we do that than going on little vacations together." He explained. "Since they already know you are here in Milan, they might stop by the house." He added.

"Literally, everything you do is to prove that we have a tangible love life going?" She asked again.

"I guess so." He simply replied.

"What do I get from this?" She finally took her eyes off the rain then to him. "I mean I left my job and family and decided to do this with you for nothing?" She asked again.

"Oh?" He smiled. He had not expected that. "What do you want, Marissa Oteo?."

"It's not big nor is it small but I won't spill it now." She said. "You have to promise to grant whatever I ask of you if we finally get out of this." She looked serious and intense as she spoke.

Luke thought of what she could probably ask for, money? He wasn't sure, Rissa wasn't that type. What then? Well, he had no choice but to agree to whatever it was. "Fine." He stretched his hand holding his glass towards her.

"What's this for?" She asked with a lingering smile.

"Cheers to us?"

"Rather cheers to the future." She corrected and their glasses clicked.

They both turned back to the window. It was so soothing to watch the heavy rain hit the sandy environment and sea all at once as the clouds grew darker.

"Never knew you liked watching the rain." He spoke without looking at her.

"Neither do I." She smiled.

Lola and Sandra seemed to be giggling about something with each holding a cup of coffee walking down the corridor.

"Lawrence?" Lola noticed him ahead.

"Isn't that the other guy? You know." Sandra also noticed him too.

"What is he doing here?" She murmured once they got closer to him.

"Lola?" A hopeful smile lit up. "I stopped by for a checkup." He added clearing them of whatever ideas they might be having.

"I see." She smiled. "How are you?" She asked.

"I'm cool." He replied. "I haven't heard from Rissa in a while and I heard she went on a sudden leave from work too." He seemed worried now.

"They sure talk a lot in this hospital." Sandra muttered.