[8]

I was close to the skate park, and I saw  malachi skating on his skateboard. I headed towards him, and he stopped and walked towards me.

"Heyy," I said with my voice cracking, which was embarrassing. "Why weren't you in school?" he said and not even saying hi, which is just rude.

"Overslept," I said well I still could have gone into school, but that's too embarrassing like everyone just stares at you."What's with you spamming me it's so annoying,"

"I don't know, it would probably be boring without you," malachi said, which made me smile. Was he flirting with me?
Or maybe he is just being nice. I can't tell the difference.

"Oh, okay," I said. i don't know what you do when someone compliments me. Well, I think that was a compliment. "Do you mind if hailee comes, I ain't seen her in a while," I ask him

"Uh yeah, sure, go ahead," he says quickly. He seems quite nervous. I don't wanna ask him what's wrong because it might seem rude or intruding

"She will be here in about 10 minutes," I say. It feels really awkward, and I don't like it

"You okay?" I ask malachi. "You just seem nervous, that's all," I say to not sound like I'm being nosy or nothing.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit stressed, that's all," he says, giving me a straight smile.

We sit down on the edge of the skating rink thing. I look at all the graffiti. It looks well cool.

"The graffiti looks cool, well apart from the dicks" I say breaking the silence, he was being shy for some reason but he lets out a little chuckle. I wanna be nosy now.

"Why you being or quiet and shy for?" I ask him totally intruding but it was pissing me off like he was the one that wanted to see me and now he seems like he doesn't he want to speak to me.

"I don't know" he shrugged at me, maybe he's just tired I guess.

"IRIS" I hear hailee shout. I turn around and run up to her and give her a hug.

"Oh hey malachi" she says waving her hand

"Hey" he just says, ugh whys he being boring today.

"So what you guys wanna do?" Hailee asks.

"I know," I say, grabbing hailees hand and walking over to this massive hill, we had to go round it so we could get to the top so we ended up having to go through the woods. We get to the top of the hill.

"So, who wanna roll down the hill first?"
I say with a big grin on my face. I lie on the grass and get ready to roll, and so does hailee and malachi.

"Oh shit, this is a big hill," I say, I maybe have a fear of heights, but Im still gonna do it.

"Alright in three, one two THREE," malachi says, and we all run down the hill.

We are all screaming, all I could see was grass kinda didn't wish I was wearing nice clothes but hey ho

I slowly stop rolling and try and get up, but I'm too dizzy, so I end up just face palming the grass. I look uo and see malachi trying to get up, and he falls over, and I js let out a really loud laugh as if I didn't just do the same thing.

"Oh shut up," he says while clearly trying not to laugh at himself, I get up and try and help him up, which was difficult cus I have 0 muscles.

"That was hilarious," he chuckles while wiping off the grass on his trousers. I looked around to see where hailee was, and I couldn't find her.

"Wait, where's hailee?" I say, and I start to panic, and then I feel someone grab on to my shoulders, and I let out a scream, and it was just hailee

"Omds, I hate you," I say while grabbing my heart, and malachi is laughing. I scoffed at him and then picked up some grass because it had been freshly mowed and threw it at him.

"HEY," malachi shouts in defence and now there is a load of grass on his head so I'm happy.

I grab hailee and run so he couldn't throw any back at us.

"I'm hungry," hailiee says, "Let's get something to eat." we follow her to this hotdog van thingy we each get a hot dog and some chips to share.

"So what's it like being famous?" hailee asks

"Idk normal," I say cus I'm not really famous to the point where it affects my life.

"It's kinda fun," malachi says, and I nod to agree.

"Would you wanna be more famous cus I mean you seem chill rn?" hailee says while finishing her hotdog, I'm only like a quarter into mine, I'm such a slow eater

"I mean, I guess, maybe when I'm older too, not now, yk," I say, not really knowing how to answer that question."What about you?" I ask malachi

"No, because it's probably too overwhelming." He says I think he's right because it is alot to take in.

"Well, that was a good hotdog," I say as I get up to scratch my legs because I physically cannot be still and sat for more than 20 minutes.

My phone starts to ring, and it's my dad, so I kinda have to pick up.

"Hey," I say, picking up the phone

"Yeah, can you come home now?" he asked me even though that meant I had to come home.

"Yes, alright," I say, and I hang up on him, and I sit back down next to hailee.

"I gotta go," I say to Malachi and hailee and she js gives me a frown. "I'll see yous later, yeah,"

"Byeee," hailee says, and malachi js waves and I walk home. Why did he wave? What he could be asked saying bye, ugh what a twat.