[9]

I got home, and my dad was on the sofa , so I sat next to him. He was watching some random documentary on ww2 planes. It doesn't really interest me, but I find World Wars interesting, so I watch it anyway.

"Who did you meet up with?" My dad asks, being all nosy.

"Uh hailee and malachi, you know the guy that I'm doing a movie with," I say, knowing my dad don't have a clue on who malachi Is because he forgets all of my friends.

"Oh right," he says, not interested at all. Bit rude that.

I get up from the sofa, and I make my way to my room, and as soon as I bellyflop onto my bed, my dad calls me and tells me to come downstairs. Honestly, he does this on purpose. I go downstairs to see my uncle sitting at the breakfast bench thingy.

"Oh hey," I say as im taken by surprise like I haven't seen him in about two years.

"I'm getting married!!" My uncle says in an excited tone.

"To who?" I ask, I know I won't know who it is, but you know, just in case.

"She's in the bathroom right now. She should be out in a minute." My dad says, Not really caring. I mean, my uncle had got engaged like 5 times.

"So, are you actually going to marry her this time?" I ask him as a joke, but actually wondering if he will.

"Very funny," he says, doing a funny face towards me. I let out a small chuckle. I went to the fridge and got some food.

"Wait, were you here when I came in?" I ask my uncle he just nods his head, "So I just went straight past you."

"Yea straight past," he says, making a straight smile. "Your dad is a terrible host. By the way, I talked to him for about 15 minutes before he started watching TV, " my uncle says, shaking his head sarcasticly.

"Ahh, dad, that's really rude." I say joking with my uncle about it as if I didn't just walk straight past him without recognition

"Okay then, do you want me to pour you a cup of tea,make a cheese board, rub you feet" my dad says sarcasticly while rolling his eyes

"Yeah, that would be great thanks." my uncle says with a small smile on his face.

20 minutes go by, and she still isn't out of the bathroom, I wonder if she's gone and made a run for it.

"It's been like 20 minutes. Do you think she's gone and jumped out the window?" I say, taking the mick, but it was a genuine fear.

"She probably got scared looking at your dad's face" my uncle barely whispers to me, which makes my dad turn around and give my uncle a look.

Then my uncles fiancee walked into the kitchen with a smile on her face, and she was gorgeous, like jaw dropping gorgeous.

"How the fuck did you pull her then?" I ask completely flabbergasted, like I want her to forget abt my uncle and go for me. My uncle just gave me a look, which meant for me to shut up.

We all ended up talking for a couple of hours when the door bell rang, I went to go answer it and I saw malachi standing outside.

"Oh hey malachi" I say but really confused on why he was here.

"Hey, um, you forgot you lip gloss from earlier" malachi said while handing me the lip gloss, it was cute that he took time out of his day to come give it to me.

"Omg thank you so much" I say while taking it out of his hand, and our fingers end up brushing against each other. "You could've just given it to me when we next see each other" I said