Sixteen

Pen laughed as she lifted herself off the ground, to dodge Bucky coming at her. She dropped down behind him, and swiped her leg out, taking his out from underneath him. As he hit the floor, she pounced on him, hooking his arm behind his back.

'Ok, good. But you still need to focus..'.. He managed to flip her off him, and he pinned her for only a second, and then sat back on his knees next to her. He didn't want her to feel uncomfortable, pinning her too long... 'From what Nat had told me, you've come a long way with training. How would you feel about weapons?..'.. He pushed to his feet, holding a hand out to help her up.

'Ive shot a few guns but I don't feel like shooting people. Nat said she has other options for me, that I could use..'.. She took his hand and he pulled her to her feet... 'But I think I'd like to focus on my powers, I mean the whole being able to move things with my mind is new, so it's possible they're growing..'

'I can help with that, until Loki gets here..'... Wanda said, walking over, Pietro behind her.

'Im up for that..'.. Pen smiled at her... 'Do we try here or somewhere else?..'.. She looks around the room, and her eyes fall on Steve training with Sam. She felt a shudder run through her, at the sight of him. She didn't want to think badly of him, but he did make her feel uncomfortable.

Wanda noticed, as did Bucky and Pietro... 'We can train outside if you'd like?..'.. Wanda said, bringing Pens attention back to her.

'Yes please..'.. Pen moved to the door quickly and Pietro followed her.

'I'll be with you in a minute, I just need to talk to Bucky about something..'... She heard Wanda call to her and she waved her hand in acknowledgement, as Pietro opened the door for her.

'Thank you..'.. She said, giving him a shy smile. He fell into step with her, and when the door banged shut behind them, she jumped, grabbing his hand.

Pietro didn't say anything, but let her hold onto him... 'Do you like it here?..'.. He asked, glancing to her.

'Hm? Oh, yeah. Everyone has been nice and this place is amazing. How are you finding it here? I know Sokovia is gone, and I'm glad you and Wanda got safe. I would wonder about you both after I escaped..'.. She kept her eyes forward, feeling her nerves take over.

'We made a mistake..'.. He tells her everything, from what happened to their parents, to volunteering for the experiments and everything that had happened after as they made their way outside... 'During the battle, there was a moment I thought I would die. Ultron took control of a jet to escape and he had fired down on the city. Barton was in the way, trying to save a child and I got there to block them with a car..'.. He stopped, looking out at the view.

'The bullets were stopped, right in front of me, in the air. I could see a light around them, as if something stopped them..'.. He turned to her, and she was still stating ahead... 'Whatever it was, saved me. If they had hit me, I would have been killed..'

'Maybe it was Wanda..'.. She said, looking down.

'It wasn't, was it?..'.. She sighed, closing her eyes.

'I was still in the city after I escaped. I didn't have control over what I was doing but I had to help somehow. I kept out of sight from the avengers, I was scared that they would think I was a part of it. I was getting on one of the lifeboats, keeping hidden when I saw him run for the child..'.. She looked down, seeing her hand still in his... 'I wanted to help him, so I followed, and saw the jet coming towards us. It was as though I could feel what you were going to do, and I got in front of you..'