Don't Mess With The Wrong Person

"Gwen!" he whined "I messed up!"

David had called Gwen the moment he arrived home.

Max was sleeping in his room. Or so they thought.

He was actually eavesdropping on the conversation.

"What happened? Is it about Daniel?"

David sniffed "Y-yeah..."

He opened his mouth to continue his sentence, but he started sobbing again.

Gwen patted his back "There, there... Let it all out."

He sniffled again "I came to see Jasper, but Daniel was also there. We chatted... and maybe drank a little... and then... and then-!" he burst out crying.

"You fucked with Daniel?!"

He nodded.

"For god's sake David... You guys are so bad at this break up thing."

"I know..."

Max was disgusted. He didn't need that much information.

David considered if he should tell Gwen that Daniel killed that person on the news, but he didn't. He chose to keep it to himself. For some reason he never stopped loving him, and he didn't want him going to jail.

The next part of the conversation was just David crying, so Max got bored and went back to bed.

The next day Daniel went back to the bar. He wore his black coat back today.

He searched for Kevin. He looked outside the bar. Then he went inside the bar, but he wasn't there either.

He went back outside. He sighed, thinking he had already left or he hadn't arrived in the first place.

"Over here!"

It was coming from the alley.

He turned his gaze to find Kevin smoking there.

Finally he had gotten back his cigarettes, so he joined him.

"Why are you smoking here?"

"Dunno. I kinda like it here. I like smoking in the alleys in general to be honest. We should hang out here more often. Like a secret hideout." he made hand gestures to make his speech more dramatic.

Daniel nodded while chuckling, and lit up his cigarette "I doubt it's a secret, but sure."

Kevin smiled. He took a deep breath on his cigarette, and blew it slowly. He continued without looking at Daniel "How did it go?"

"Huh?"

Kevin turned to the blond with a smirk "Was the sex good?"

Daniel turned crimson and poked Kevin with his elbow "Non of your business weirdo!" Kevin chuckled "I knew you guys really went for it. How did it happen tho? You were fighting and then gone the next time i looked."

Daniel thought for a second. He didn't remember either "Those weeds were a bad idea. I can't remember most of it."

Silence.

"Daniel?"

The blond hummed.

"Do you know that kid?"

"What kid?" he turned his gaze. Max was standing infront of the alley, panting.

Daniel quickly threw his cigarette on the ground, and rushed next to the curly-haired boy. 

"Max?" he embraced the curly-haired boy.

"What the hell?! Put me down freak show!!"

Daniel hugged him a few more seconds then put him back down.