I Didn't Mean to Say 'I Love You'

Jen was getting impatient. Daniel hadn't answered her phone calls or her messages for days! She knew Daniel would be a coward to kill David. Therefore, she had made a plan B just in case.

She was going to do it herself.

Max was counting down the seconds while looking at the clock as he tapped his pencil on the table. His elbow was on the table, propping up his chin. The lessons felt like a blur and he was bored.

The bell rang. "Finally!" Max shouted.

He packed his backpack before everyone. He said his goodbyes to Neil and Nikki, and rushed to the exit.

The young teenager waited for Daniel to come pick him up. Daniel would usually come right on time, but for some reason he was late. He hoped that he wouldn't make him wait for too long. He hated waiting.

He huffed and put his hands into his hoodie's pockets as he kicked a rock. His legs ached from standing. He walked up next to a tree and sat under it. He put his backpack next to himself and took a book inside of it to read.

Soon he saw a figure from the distance. He thought it was Daniel, so he closed the book and put it inside the backpack. He put the backpack back on his back and approached the figure only to realize it wasn't Daniel...

Daniel hadn't left his car since he failed killing David. He didn't have anywhere to go, so he was sleeping in his car currently.

He woke up and sat up into a sitting position. He had fallen asleep.

He looked at his wristwatch. His eyes widened. He was so late to pick Max up from school. He quickly got up and started driving to the school.

When he arrived at the school Max wasn't there.

He panicked, but soon relaxed, thinking that David would've taken him from school instead.

He tried calling David, but he didn't pick up. He thought that his phone could be with Max, so he went to David's house. He wasn't at home.

This time he really panicked. He brushed his hair back with both hands as he looked up. Suddenly, his phone rang. He paused and looked down without bowing his head.

He reached for his pocket in the back pocket of his jeans, hoping that it was David or Max. It was indeed David. Well, at least it was his number.

He was making a face call. Daniel answered the phone with a smile, but his face changed into a frown as soon as he realized the voice didn't belong to neither of them. "Hey, Daniel! Long time no see!" The camera was showing the walls of what seemed to be a basement.

"Yeah." He gritted his teeth. "It's so good to see you..."

The camera turned, finally revealing who the actual caller was. "...Jen."

"Why do you have David's phone?" he said, giving her a deadly look. "Where's David?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" She turned the camera to David and Max. They were chained up to the wall from their wrists.

David looked like he had cried for hours. Max looked pissed.

They were both injured.

David had a cut on his cheek. His forehead was bruised making it bleed a lot. The blood was running down from one of his eye, making that eye blind and it was dripping on the ground. His nose was bleeding. He also had bruises and cuts on his arms and legs.

Max had a purple eye. His lips were busted. The blood on his lip was spread all over his mouth, cheeks, and chin. He had a bruise on his cheek as if he was punched. He was wearing a hoodie and long pants that made it impossible to see the other bruises other than on his head, but Daniel was sure that he had other injuries, too.