No Time to Die

Max was free to leave the hospital. Soon he was able to get the cast opened. He was staying with Daniel in David's house.

It had been so long since David had got in a coma. No change since then. Him lying there. On life support.

Doctors said that he would never wake up, and that they had to lose their hopes. Max had already given up. "Daniel stop waiting. He won't wake up. Let's just let the doctors pull his plug," he snapped.

Daniel sobbed harder. "Stop saying that! I will never give up!"

Max squeezed his hands into fists. "Alright. I'll be outside. Come back when you're done."

When Max got out of the room, Daniel squeezed David's hand and kneeled down next to him. "I missed you so much, David. They're always telling me that we should unplug you from life support, but i can't let that happen. I know that you're strong. I know that you'll wake up."

He stopped and wiped his tears with the back of his other hand.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. Please wake up."

No response.

He rubbed David's hand with his thumb. Then lifted it and placed a quick kiss on it. He squeezed his hand one last time before putting it back on the bed and standing up. He couldn't stop the tears running down his cheeks. His eyes burned from the amount he had cried at this point.

He sniffled and looked at David's unmoving body. "Please..." The only thing he could do was beg. Beg to someone that probably didn't even hear him. "I feel so empty..." His heart felt so empty. "You filled the space in my heart I thought that could never be filled." The space. The void. The void of nothingness. "I used to care for nothing but this religion. You gave me something to care for. You gave a meaning to my world." You're my everything. I can't live without you. Please wake up...

His voice trembled as he spoke.

He laughed sadly as he looked at David with glassy eyes. "I'm just talking to myself..."

The truth was... he had already given up. He just didn't want to admit it out loud.

He wiped his tears with his arm, and made his way to the door. He was about to turn the doorknob when he heard a quite voice.

"Daniel..?"

Daniel stopped in his tracks. "I think i'm going crazy and hearing things."

"No. You're not crazy." He smiled "Well... maybe a little bit."

Daniel quickly turned his face to David. He had opened his eyes and smiling at him. His eyes widened as more tears built up in his eyes. "D-David!?"

He rushed next to him and fell to his knees. He started kissing him all over his face. David giggled as Daniel kissed him. Daniel embraced him tightly. "Oh my Xemüg! I can't believe it!" He broke the embrace and cupped David's face. "Is this real!? I'm not hallucinating, am I!?"

"No, it's real!" He giggled "Wait... Didn't you leave the cult?"

Daniel stopped. "Oh. Yeah I did. It's just a habit." He chuckled nervously.

"What happened to the other cultists anyways?"

"They all got arrested. The building was destroyed shortly after. It will be turned into a regular apartment or something if I'm not wrong."

He embraced David again. "You don't know how much I missed you! Don't do something like that ever again! Just let me protect you!"

David giggled and returned the embrace. "I missed you too! Even though I feel like I last saw you a few minutes ago. How long have I been gone for anyways?"