Can't Pretend

"I can't believe you guys!"

Daniel and Max had just gotten out of the police station with David's help, and now they were at the hospital with bandages all over their body.

Daniel hadn't got beaten up as much as Max, but thankfully Max's injuries weren't fatal.

After explaining themselves and telling that it was a self defense the police let them go. The bullies had gotten themselves into the police station in the past too, so it was easier for them to believe them.

"How many times do i have to tell you guys that violence is not the answer!"

And here they were. Sitting at the waiting room of the hospital, listening to David scold them.

"But they started it! Using your method would result in us dying you moron!" Max snapped.

David sighed "Language..!" he warned "I'll get the car."

He went to the car park, leaving Daniel and Max all by themselves in silence.

Max spoke up first to break the silence "Thank you,"

Daniel hummed. He gave a puzzled look to Max.

"for saving me back there. You're not that bad i guess..." he paused, but talked again, not giving any time for the blond to talk "This doesn't mean i suddenly started to warm up to you or anything!" he crossed his arms and pouted.

Daniel smiled. It wasn't a maniac smile either. Just a genuine smile.

Max turned his gaze to Daniel and returned the smile.

He gave a quick hug and broke it.

"That never happened."

Daniel was shocked with wide eyes. Soon he smiled again as the realisation sinked in "Okay, Max."

"I'll kill you if you tell this to someone!"

Daniel remembered the memories of getting kicked in the nuts. Painful.

"I won't."

Max stood up and went to David, who was waiting in his car.

Soon Daniel stood up too and went outside.

He checked his phone on his way. He smiled as he saw that David had unblocked him. In other words Max. Maybe he could make it up to them.

He was all alone again. There were two options. Either he would go back to Jen or...

He waltzed into the bar. Both Kevin and Jasper were there. He plopped on the seat next to Kevin.

"Hey, why are you grinning like that? You seem happier today." Kevin started the conversation.

"I do? Oh well! I think i'm bonding with Max!" he leaned closer to Kevin's ear so that Jasper wouldn't hear them and rat on them to David. He probably would if he heard them "This could be my chance of getting back to David!" he leaned back.

"That's actually clever. What's your plan?"

"Huh... I actually don't have a plan."

"How can you be smart and dumb at the same time?"

"I'm not dumb!"

Jasper put their drinks infront of them.

"Remember the time you bought me a drink?"

"Kevin, you didn't have to."

"But i wanted to."

"Thanks."