Chapter 19.

Hey beautiful(s), always remember. The best view comes after a hard climb.

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

Third person's POV :

      "I told you, Yunie, there's no way I'm letting you pay." Jaeyun sighed to himself. He was currently arguing with Heeseung as to who would buy the tokens for the arcade games. They jostled back and forth a bit, both fighting to gain access to the token machine, until Jaeyun stepped back in exasperation. "Fine, Seungie," Jaeyun pouted, holding up his hands as if in surrender. "You can buy the tokens. But I'm paying later."

      With their free day today as well, both Heeseung and Jaeyun decided to go out and have some fresh air but while they were roaming around, they spotted an arcade and decided to have fun there. Heeseung had never been to an arcade while he was in the states, since he had dedicated all his time in his studies and Jaeyun and Sunghoon would sometimes go to an arcade to clear their mind and loosen their muscles.

      "Yeah yeah. We will see about that." Heeseung shoved his money into the machine and held out his hand while it poured out the tokens. "Let's play some games, already," he added as he handed half of them to Jaeyun. Jaeyun smiled, and they both headed over to the games. Heeseung stopped in front of one of the car racing games, and he pulled Jaeyun towards it.

      "We're playing this one," Heeseung grumbled. Jaeyun didn't mind. They picked two chairs next to each other, put in their tokens, and chose their cars. Jaeyun went with the red, bulky truck, while Heeseung chose the sleek looking sports car. So manly, Jaeyun mused in admiration. "Are you even ready for this?" Heeseung asked, grinning while the countdown began on their screens. "You're going down!"

      "In your dreams, Seungie." Jaeyun shot back with a smile. As soon as the timer ended, he slammed his foot onto the gas pedal and laughed as his virtual car shot forward. Oh man, he missed playing games like this. On the final lap, Jaeyun was neck-and-neck with Heeseung as they neared the finish line. Jaeyun turned the wheel this way and that, slamming into the other car. The shortcut was coming up soon, but they both knew that it was there; Jaeyun had seen Heeseung use it earlier.

      Jaeyun yanked wheel and veered into the shortcut, but he blinked in surprise when Heeseung didn't follow. Upon leaving the shortcut, his car hurtled over the finish line, leaving him in first while Heeseung ended in second. He looked over at Heeseung, confused. "Did you just let me win?" Jaeyun asked, eyebrows shot up.

      "Of course not!" Heeseung answered, crossing his arms, "Why would I do that?" Jaeyun pouted. "You could've taken the shortcut at the end," Jaeyun reasoned. 'Did he really let me win?' That's what Jaeyun thought. "I forgot about the shortcut, okay?" Heeseung stood from the chair and put his hands in the pocket. "But it was a good game." Heeseung added.

      "Thanks! You played well." Jaeyun grinned as a stream of tickets began printing from each game station. "Look! I guess we both did well enough to earn some tickets, huh?" Jaeyun excitedly pointed out. "Nice." Heeseung swiped the tickets and handed Jaeyun his share. "We should try to get enough for a guitar." Heeseung suggested. Jaeyun nodded enthusiastically, "That would be so cool!"

      They played a few more random games, most of which they lost, before they went back to searching. They each had one token left, so Jaeyun knew they had to choose wisely. He scanned the room for something interesting until his eyes landed on an eerie looking game titled "Zombie Asylum". He rubbed on Heeseung's sleeve and pointed at it. "Can we play that one?"