Chapter 2

Priest : this year seems to be a good one maharaja. I think the sorrows will come to an end.

Maharaja : we should always hope for the best guruji. 

Priest : i'll take my leave now.

The king himself distributed the prasad and new clothes to the villagers along with the queen.  Sita , Ram and Bharat are serving food to the villagers who are having their lunch. Lakshman and Urmila are helping Dasarath and Kausalya.

Villager :  Maharaja ! A new family came to the village. They are claiming that they have come for survival as they have extreme drought in their locality. 

Dasarath : call them here . We should always embrace the one's who are in needy. That is when you will reach the heaven and the god's will embrace your soul.

The villager ran to the family who came on a bullock cart and told them to come along with him. They followed him.

The family : pranam maharaja !

Dasarath : pranam ! 

Dasarath gave the cup's made of dried leaves which contained the Prasad to them. They accepted them.

Chandra : Maharaja ! My name is Chandra. She is my sharada. And she is my daughter tara. We are suffering with severe drought in our village. We came here for survival. Please accept us. 

Dasarath : raju ! Help them to settle here. You may join for work in our fields or factories from tomorrow.

Chandra : thank you maharaja ! I am forever indebted to you.

Chandra and his family left along with Raju , the villager who told about them to maharaja. Maharaja is engrossed in his own work.

Ram and sita are serving food to the villagers. After everyone is done with eating Ram went to speak with other village heads. Sita went towards the pond behind the temple. She sat on steps and stared at the still water. She heard two people gossiping.

Woman 1 : do you know something ? I heard from my neighbour that yuvarani sita devi can't give birth to children. That is the reason why they don't have any heir yet.

Woman 2 : i think maharani will get the prince married to an another girl. What's less for him ? He looks good and he is nice person.

Woman 1 : she is such a bad choice for the family. She got married when she is 25.It's been 9 years since they got married and no children. It's a shame for the royal family. 

Suddenly the woman saw Sita who is sitting near the pond, she signalled the other woman about sita's presence. Even she gasped. They silently moved into the temple. 

When villagers are about to leave Kausalya , sita and Urmila started placing kumkum on every woman's forehead as a sign of thanking. The two woman also came there before leaving. Sita placed kumkum on their forehead with a smile.

After few hours the Raghuvanshi family went home.

Dasarath : So , as per the horoscope the kid will get married this year ! 

Everyone chuckled. 

Bharat : I'm just 24 papa ! 

Sita : papa ! Do you believe in this horoscope ? 

Dasarath : 50 50. The horoscope is nothing but the predictions of events that will happen according to the location of stars , planets , etc... if their location changes even the horoscope changes. So, i won't rely on horoscopes completely.

Sita : ok ! 

Kausalya : kids ! Go and sleep it's already late. Sita ! Tomorrow we are going to your parents place . Did you forget what i told you ?

Sita : no maa !  I remembered.

Urmila : maa ! Your tablets.

Urmila gave kausalya's medicines to her . Kausalya took her medicine's and went to her room. Soon everyone departed to their rooms.

.....

Sita closed the door after coming into the room. She layed down and closed here eyes. Then she felt ram's hand wrapping around her. He placed a kiss on her forehead.

Ram : what's bothering you darling ?

Sita : nothing ! 

Ram : really ? 

Sita : please ! Let me sleep.

Ram : ok ! Good night ! 

Sita : good night ! 

..........

How's the chapter ?