EPILOGUE

DECEMBER 20TH
ANNA

After 12 hours of pushing, screaming, and crying (mostly Anthony), our baby girl is finally here. She's cuddled up against Anthony's bare chest for skin to skin contact. We watch as her long dark lashes flutter. She has my hazel eyes and dimples, with Anthony's loose dark wavy hair. He grazes her cheek with his thumb as she gives him a softy gummy smile.

"What should we name her?" His eyes never leave her face.

"Hmm.. Since I named Matteo, you can name her." I smile down at her.

"I like the name Mia." He looks up at me for approval.

I lean over and kiss him, "I love it." I look down and admire the beautiful girl we created together. "Mia Ricci. You're going to be so loved."

A soft knock comes at the door, we both look up and see my brother Armani holding Matteo's hand. He smiles, "Hey."

"Hi mama. Hi daddy." Matteo smiles when he sees us.

"Hey bubs, do you want to come meet your sister?"

He smiles wide and nods his head excitedly. Armani walks him over to the bed, placing him down at the foot of the bed and leaves with a wave. Matteo softly crawls over to us, I pull him into my lap, and looks over at Mia. He points at her, "Sister." 

"You're a big brother now."

He leans over and pecks her gently on her head. My heart melts at the sight. I wrap my arms around him, kiss his head, and smile at my 3 year old. He's grown so big and so fast, I can barely keep up. Some days, I wish time would slow down so I can soak up all the little moments with him. I know he'll be a great big brother to her.

We all watch in adoration as Mia lets out a soft quiet yawn.

Anthony tears up as he kisses Mia's head, and then Matteo's. He leans over to me and gives me a gentle kiss. He barely pulls back when he says, "Thank you for the best gifts in the world, I love you."

"I love you." I kiss him back.

"I love you too!" Matteo chimes in. We laugh as we shower him with kisses.

1 YEAR LATER

ANTHONY

"Okay Matteo. You have to be honest with mama and daddy, okay?" I ask our 4 year old.

He nods his head, "Okay."

"Who is your favorite?"

Anna snickers beside me. "Me obviously."

I roll my eyes, "It's me."

"Not possible."

"It is too!"

She sticks her tongue out at me and I chuckle. I look back at Matteo as he watches us in amusement.

"So who's your favorite Matteo?"

"Mia." He answers confidently.

Anna laughs as I ask him again, "What about mama and daddy?"

"Mia." He smiles.

I pout.

Anna really laughs then, she pats my shoulders as she wipes her tears, "We lost to a 1 year old."

I look back at him as he shrugs.

I pick him up and toss him in the air, I catch him and tickle him when he's back in my arms. He bursts into giggles, one of my favorite sounds. I hug him into my chest and kiss his cheek.

A small little voice shouts, "Teo!"

We look over to see my mom carrying our 1 year old daughter Mia into the living room with Anna's mom right behind her.

Instead of her first words being mama or dada like we thought it would be, it was Matteo's name. He hasn't left her side since we brought her home. He's been the best big brother to her, their bond unbreakable. A bond we can't even compete with.

Matteo squirm in my arm to get down, I place him on the floor, and he immediately runs off to his sister. I shake my head with a smile. I take my place next to Anna on our couch. I wrap an arm around her as we watch our moms and both our babies play.

She rests her hand on my chest as she says, "Who would've thought we'd be here?"

I kiss her head and respond, "I did."

She looks up with a smile. "I'm happy fate brought you into my life."

I whisper against her lips, "You're my fate." And I kissed her.

3 YEARS LATER
ANNA

I'm sitting on the porch swing with my 6 month old, Massimo. This little bundle of joy was planned. We wanted to expand our family just once more. He has my sandy blonde hair, just a shade darker, but takes most of Anthony's features. Matteo and Mia love having a little brother. They've been spoiling him with so much love since we brought him home. It warms my heart to know they have each other to grow up with.

I swing us back and forth gently as Jane sits down beside me. Her 5 month belly is showing more now than it was last month. She rubs her hands over it gently as she watches Armani run around in the grass with their 18 month old son.

Amelia stands beside me as she rocks her 7 month old son, Nicolas, in her arms as she watches Nico toss their 1 year old daughter, Aria, in the air. We both cried when we found out we were pregnant at the same time. We just know our sons are going to be the best of friends. Inseparable, just like us.

I smile as I watch Mia and Matteo giggling as they swing on both of Anthony's arms.

The rest of the girls join us as we watch the rest of the guys play with all the new additions to the family.

I feel at peace as I'm surrounded by love and laughter. After being alone for so long, I've found a family. I found love. I found happiness. I never expected this outcome of my fate, but I wished for it, for so many years. With everything life threw at me, I couldn't be more happy that my fate brought me here.