CHAPTER FIFTEEN

DECEMBER 15TH
ANNA

Since it's snowing out, we decided to have a small dinner for Matteo's second birthday. Everyone's gathered around the table singing "Happy Birthday" as Anthony places a lit birthday cake in front of him. He huffs out the candle and claps his hand. He giggles as he smashes his hand in the cake, slathering the cake all over Anthony's face. Anthony rubs his face all over Matteo as he giggles, "Daddy dirty!"

My heart melts at the sight of them together.

"Mama too!" He claps.

I back up as Anthony approaches me, "No!"

I run away dodging everyone, but he quickly grabs me from behind and rubs his face into my neck. I feel icing all over my neck, face, and hair.

"Yay!" Matteo laughs and claps even more.

Anthony rests his head on my shoulder and whispers into my ear, "I love you."

I turn my head and smile at me, he pecks my lips, and hugs me tighter.

DECEMBER 21ST

"I have a small surprise for you."

"What is it?"

"Since you have the next 3 days off, I thought I'd take you and Matteo somewhere.The rest of the family are tagging along too."

"Where?" I tilt my head.

"That's a surprise. We'll leave in the morning."

"Wait what! I have to pack!" I frantically try to get out of bed, but he pulls me back.

"I already have that covered. All our bags are packed, we just have to fly out tomorrow." He smiles.

"Fly?"

He nods. "Go to sleep, we have a busy few days ahead."

"But"

"Sleep Angel."

DECEMBER 22ND

"Disney World?!"

He smiles at me, "Yup. I know you never had a chance to go growing up, so I wanted to make sure you get to experience it."

I jumped up in his arms, "Thank you! Thank you! I love it!"

He chuckles, "I love you."

DECEMBER 23RD

Anthony gave Matteo and I the full experience. We got to go on most of the rides and see all the shows. I'm happy finishing off the rest of my turkey leg while he waits in line for a churro for me. Amelia and Elena took Matteo to ride on the kiddy rides, while the rest of the group are searching for food.

"Here you go baby." He sticks the churro in front of me.

I beam at him, taking the churro. It melts into my mouth instantly. I sigh happily. I could die here.

He chuckles as he watches me eat. He takes his thumb and wipes off the cinnamon from the corners of my mouth.

"Daddy!" Matteo runs towards us.

"Having fun?" He bends down to pick him up.

"Yes!"

"Come on, the last show is about to start." He grabs hold of my hand and leads us to a secret spot with a clear view of the water.

He lifts Matteo to sit on top of his shoulders, and pulls me in front of him, hugging me to his body.

"Thank you for all of this, I don't know what I did to deserve you."