CHAPTER SEVEN

ANNA

I clock out for lunch and rush over to the cafeteria where Amelia is waiting for me with Matteo. The second I see him, the smile on my face is instant. I walk over to the table she's occupying. Giving her a quick side hug, I pick up my happy baby as he shouts "mama". My heart feels full seeing him and I'm suddenly not tired anymore.

"Hey baby, how was your day?" I coo at him as I tickle his sides.

He drools as he giggles.

"Thank you for picking him up to see me." I smile gratefully at Amelia.

"Of course, although, I have to warn you. He has a new favorite person."

"What do you mean?" I look at her confused.

"Elena's brother, Anthony, just came home barely 2 days ago and they've been attached at the hip since. He would cry if anyone else tried to take him, even his mom." She laughs and shakes her head.

I lean down to say into his hair, "You better like me more, I'm your mom!"

Amelia bursts out laughing, "It'll be tough competition."

"Hey you're supposed to be on my side!" I smack her arm.

And she laughs even harder.

Deciding to change the subject, "Since he's home, that means Nico is too." I wiggle my brows at her with a smirk plastered on my face.

"Yup." She flushes and looks away.

"You dirty skank, tell me all the details!" I bounce in my chair.

"He's just been spending the night." Still avoiding eye contact.

"Mhmmmm and what else?" I tease her.

"We did some things." She whispers.

"Come on, tell me. I haven't had sex since Matteo was conceived. I need to know if your sex life is better than mine." I pout.

She points a finger at me and argues, "Hey, no one is stopping you from trying."

I raise an eyebrow at her, waiting for her to answer my question.

She hides her face in her hands and whispers, "Fine, we went down on each other."

I shoot an arm up, "Yes! I'm so happy you're getting some." Taking Matteo's hand to clap with me.

A mischievous look comes across her face, "You know, I could introduce you to Anthony, he's taken a real liking to your baby. Who knows, maybe you'll hit it off." She ends it with a wink.

I shake my head at that thought, "I don't even have time to date. I just want to finish school and focus on Matteo." I look down at him playing with my fingers. "The thought of someone taking care of me is nice, but I'm just not ready." Definitely not ready to be vulnerable again.

She gives me a small smile, "It's okay, I believe fate will work in your favor."

I smile at her, grateful for just letting me be.

My break ends and I have to give a tearful bye to Matteo. Not ready to see him go yet. I won't be able to see him until tomorrow morning, but it comforts me to know he's in good hands.

ANTHONY

I'm exiting Lucas home gym when I bump into Amelia and Matteo. He shouts, "Ant! Ant! Ant!" reaching over for me with his cute chubby hands. This little man learned my name already and it's only been 2 days. I happily take him and toss him gently into the air. He giggles as I ask, "Hey little man, missed me?"