Chapter 6

California, USA.
30/3/2001.
8:30 A.M.

Rose/Evangeline P.O.V

Today is a sunny day and the flowers are everywhere. I am walking towards my usual place. To meet my favorite person in the world; Ella.

It is still not that busy. Just a few people are on the street some are running and others are driving their cars to either go to work or school.

I wanted Mum and Dad to come with me but they said that they had work to do. So, I took my keys with me before going out.

Some people would look at me weirdly as I am going to my place with a wide smile on my face and wearing a very colorful dress.

"Hi, sissy." I waved at the grave in front of me.

  Ella Grace Archer
  A Loving daughter
  An inspiring sister
  A supporting fiancée
        1981-2000

That is what is written on my sister's grave. I loved her so much and still do. It hurt so much at first but I got to know something. It is that if I am sad or if I cry in front of her here, she won't be happy. That's why I want her to see me smiling and happy.

Last year, she was with her fiance Adam Black-he is like a brother to me- they were driving back from one of their friends' party.
Adam was the one driving. They were so happy. Then another car crashed into them and the car flipped over.

They were sent to a nearby hospital. Adam suffered from a severe concussion, 4 broken ribs, dislocated shoulder, and a broken leg.
While Ella was found with a congested lung as one of her broken ribs pierced through her lung; she was diagnosed with tension pneumothorax and had a broken skull.

I can't imagine the pain that they felt.

Adam blames himself every day for the accident. He always says that if they didn't go to that party, they would be fine now.

Even though, my parents never blamed him for anything and they always consider him a son that they have never had, he still blames himself for the accident.

They didn't take me to the funeral with them. I was very angry with them. Then Adam told me that they wanted me to remember Ella as my big sister that smiled and laughed all the time. The one that played with me with dolls. The one that supported me and inspired me to be a powerful girl. Not a dead body with a broken head and bloodied face.

I understood their point of view but I wanted to say goodbye. Nevertheless, I forgave them.

"Look, it's my new dress for spring. If you were here, I am sure that you would buy a matching dress. I brought you lilies this time."

I put the flowers on her grave smiling as always.

"Dad, Mum, and Adam are saying hi. I know you may be a little bit sad that they don't visit that much. Don't worry, I will teach them a lesson when I go back home."

The breeze tickled my cheeks as if she were the one doing it. I love imagining it like that. It eases the pain a little.

"I am doing good at school. I am your little genius after all. Mum is still the best physician in the world. Dad is still annoying Mum with the trials and 'the judge said who knows what'. You should see how Mum would try to hold her laugh when he speaks like that."

I told her mocking my dad. He would tickle me to death if he heard me. I giggled thinking about that.

"Oh, before I forget. Adam applied for a job at a nearby school. He always wanted to be a music teacher and believe it or not he got accepted. One of his friends told him last night. I am sure that the acceptance letter is on its way to his house now. I am so happy for him and he promised me that today would be our first violin lesson. I am so excited."