Four

14 Weeks

"How are you feeling, El?" Luke asks as they come off stage after soundcheck.

"Hot, but I'm good." She chuckles, taking his guitar from him.

"Amen to that." Calum butts in, "This has definitely been the hottest stop so far."

"Shouldn't she be worried about you, Luke? You're the only one who's out on that stage in the boiling sun." Michael chuckles, bending to scoop the whining one year old at his feet up into his arms.

"Am I not allowed to care about my fiancée too? It's hot pretty much no matter where you are here, and she's doing a lot of the heavy lifting for me." Luke chuckles, his arm falling over Elodie's shoulders as she steps back into his side, having put his guitar away properly.

"She is? Because I'm pretty sure Peter has been doing more than his share of the lifting this tour." Crystal smirks as she wanders up to them. "Also, Indy has not napped, she refused her soundcheck nap today, just a heads up."

"Peter has been very helpful, yes. But I'm pretty sure El is still doing her job too." Luke laughs.

"As much as Pete will let me." El laughs, "He's been really worried about the heat this tour, and uses it as an excuse to take anything strenuous from me. But part of me isn't going to complain, I don't actually like lugging the heavy shit."

"Should we move this party to the green room? Indy probably needs a nap before the show tonight, even if it will be harder to get her to nap now." Michael asks, his little girl laying softly on his shoulder.

"I need to do a couple checks on the guitars, but you guys go, get some water and chill. I'll come find you once the guitars are set for tonight." El slips from Luke's side again, heading towards Peter and the guitar cases.

"She might not be back that soon. I need some girl time." Crystal chuckles, "As long as you're good to put Indy down for her nap?" She turns to Michael.

"Ya, I've got her. You enjoy a few minutes without mom duties, you've taken on a lot by bringing her on tour this month." He offers, pressing a kiss to his wife's cheek. 

"She can curl up with uncle Cal for a pre-show nap." Calum offers Crystal as they file off towards the green room.

"So," El jumps slightly, turning to see Crystal standing behind her. "Sorry." Crystal laughs.

"It's fine." El waves her off, "What's up?"

"Michael is on dad duty until it's time to get ready for the show, so I need some girl time. And I miss you, despite the fact that we are on tour together."

"I've been working, and you've been taking care of Indy. Give me like twenty minutes and we can do something."

"There's a bar a block away if you want to go cool off and grab a drink." Crystal suggests.

"I'm not drinking on the job, Crys." El laughs, her eyes glancing to her stomach for half a second, wondering if the question was a test.

"You trying to get my sister drunk before the show tonight?" Peter butts in with a laugh.

"I just wanted to get one drink, but apparently she's a lightweight now."

"Na, but I still don't want to drink on the job, even just one."

"You used to have a beer before a show. Why not now?" Crystal pushes slightly, eying El curiously.

"Just don't feel like it." She shrugs, pulling out her phone as it buzzes, laughing to herself as she sees a text from Luke reminding her to drink some water.