Epilogue

Elodie can't help but grin as she crosses the T and hands the pen to Sadie. Relaxing backwards she looks up and grins as a warm arm curls around her waist. "Officially, and finally, Mrs. Hemmings." Luke grins as big as the happiness she feels inside.

"Now it's official." Michael smiles as he finishes signing the witness line. "Congrats guys, took you long enough."

"Don't listen to him, I'm so happy for you both!" Sadie throws her arms around them squeezing tightly.

"Thanks, Sadie. And thanks to both of you for being our official witnesses." El chuckles, hugging her sister a moment longer.

"Happy to, we'll see you guys after you finish up photos. Now that everything's official." Michael smiles, offering them both hugs before he and Sadie leave the small kitchen of the back house. It's not fancy but signing the official marriage license was easier done inside than out and following the ceremony felt like as good a time as any seeing as the four of them were the only ones walking back down the aisle.

"So, Mrs. Hemmings, was that the ceremony of your dreams?" Luke asks, pulling Elodie into his arms again tightly.

"It was perfect, beautiful, understated, intimate, and I ended up with you as my husband. There is absolutely nothing I would have changed about it." She nods, toeing up slightly to meet his lips with her own.

"Alright, the guests have moved to the patio for cocktails, we can take some photos in the back garden now. Your families are on standby if you want any posed photos with them." The photographer comes in smiling.

"Let's go." Luke nods, pulling Elodie with him.

***

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have it on good authority that our love birds are ready to join the party. If I could direct your attention to the back of the patio, for the first time I would like to present Mr and Mrs Luke and Elodie Hemmings."

Elodie can't help the grin that is painted on her face as she enters the party with Luke's hand in hers. Letting him guide her through the clapping friends and family around them. She's never liked the spotlight but tonight with every face one she knows and each here to celebrate the love she shares with Luke it might just be okay.

"This one goes out the couple it unknowingly was written for. We love you guys." Elodie turns as she hears Calum's voice, gasping slightly as she sees Luke's three bandmates together on the small stage with a couple instruments.

"They asked, how could I say no." Luke chuckles as Elodie's eyes meet his. She shakes her head at him as her arms wrap around the back of his neck, an emotion filled smile filling her face as Calum's voice fills the air, singing out the first verse of Older.

"I love you, you know that right." She chuckles softly as Luke brings her closer by soft pressure against her lower back.

"I had an inkling." He chuckles, dropping his forehead to brush against hers. "I love you too though, a whole lot."

"Good." She laughs momentarily before glancing over her shoulder as a female voice joins Calum and Michael's harmonies.

"Brandy insisted on helping too, she said it wouldn't be right without your part in our song." Luke chuckles as he sees where she's looking.

"It's perfect." She nods softly, leaning into his shoulder as they dance through the song, her mind floating back to all the many special moments they had shared with it and each other. All the way back to that first night in the hotel room in Texas when he'd shown it to her and they'd sang together for the very first time.

"A beautiful rendition of Older by Luke's bandmates and Miss Brandy as well. Thank you. Traditionally this next dance is called the father-daughter dance, but for tonight we are going to call it the brother-sister dance. Elodie has asked her brother Peter to share this dance with her, so if you'd join her on the dance floor now." The DJ instructs Peter as Older finishes.