Fifteen

23 Weeks

Luke Hemmings in Court Again?

News out of St. Louis today went haywire online when 5 Seconds of Summer fans found evidence that Luke Hemmings, lead vocalist of the pop-rock band, had been in court last week. Hemmings and his band are currently in some down time following a special tour this spring across their home country of Australia, and a world tour last year. Hemmings is also expecting his first child with his fiancée Elodie Stewart who did not appear to be present at the courthouse with him last week. Fans are convinced the woman Hemmings was seen leaving the courthouse with was Stewart's mother, which would make sense given the fact that Stewart and her brother, Peter White, both hail from the city.

Hemmings was dressed professionally in a navy blue pinstripe suit and white button down. His demeanor seeming focused as he guided who we are assuming is his future mother-in-law to their car and left. Hemmings last encounter with a court house was nearly five years ago, when he and his fiancée (then girlfriend) filed charges against a former partner of his for domestic abuse. Both Hemmings and Stewart won their cases then, and received restraining orders against the defendant. Why is Hemmings back in court though? And why in a state he doesn't reside in?

***

"Fuck." Elodie sighs, running a hand through her hair and tugging at it softly. She'd been a mess since her mom had been granted parole, and she wasn't even out yet. Her release date is set for May 31st, another two weeks away.

"You okay?" Luke's voice startles her, she hadn't realized he was at the door, assuming he was still down in his studio messing around with instruments. Supposedly he's working on new stuff for the band, but something in her gut is telling her he's not being totally forthcoming with the truth. The new tune he's been humming to the baby every night before bed might have something to do with that gut feeling.

"Fans found out you went to court, but they don't know why and they don't know I ran out early. They're speculating." She shrugs. "I just don't want them to get ahold of my moms shit show, that would be a mess."

"I'm sorry, pretty girl." Luke wanders into the room, settling himself into the mattress in front of her.

"At least they don't know I'm adopted or what my birth name was, that makes my story harder to find." She tries.

"Yes it does."

"And enough of the fans recognized Rebecca enough to place her so there's not big speculation about who the woman you were with was."

"That would definitely be weird." Luke laughs, "Don't worry, El. Everything's going to be okay, I know you're scared, and I know waiting for your mom to get out of prison is a lot of unknown, but we are safe, I promise." He shifts slightly, pressing her shoulder firmly until she falls against her back. Worming his way up the bed, Luke brushes a lock of Elodie's hair from her face, dropping his head softly to kiss her lips.

"I don't deserve you, Luke Hemmings." Elodie chuckles softly.

"But you do, and you've got me. Forever." He smiles almost sadly at her comment.

"I still have to pinch myself sometimes to believe that." She giggles, reaching up to thread her hand into his curls.

"I am the one who should be pinching himself, because not only do I have the most perfect fiancée, I have been blessed with the opportunity to have a perfect little girl with you. I am the luckiest man in the whole world." Luke closes his eyes gently as Elodie's fingers scratch against his scalp.

"It's amazing, the way simply looking at your face can calm every fear and anxious thought in my head." Elodie whispers.

"It's just soulmate stuff, it's like they say, you don't understand until you have it. And I'm so grateful we have it, El."