Chapter 2, Part 4

Cato pov:

The last thing i remember is being hit by Finnicks body as what i assume to be an explosion throws him back into me. I hit my head on the back of the tree and i guess i passed out. I think i'm on a Capitol ship and i need to wonder. My body is sore and needs movement. When i step out the bed my body feels numb completely.

The doors slide open when it senses my presence. I wonder a bit till i can hear the voices of others. "they're gonna blow when they find-" when i open the doors i see Finnick, Haymitch, and Plutarch i think his name was. "what's going on?" a voice behind me makes me jump. It's just Katniss. She has a burn mark plastered against her face. "i'm confused, what the hell happened?" i step more into the room where Haymitch takes a breath in

"where's Peeta?" Katniss says. Her voice is dim and scratchy. "Katniss please you need to-" i stare into Finnicks eyes. He's hiding something. "Haymitch where is Peeta?!" she starts yelling. I feel like i'm missing something. Someone..
Clove! "am i gonna see Clove soon?!" they have not once mentioned anything about Clove. At this point Finnick would've said at least something. "Listen, Peeta and Clove they.. they're-" he stutters a bit.

"They're at the Capitol. Being held hostage, after what you pulled Katniss, in their eyes you are now an enemy and they will do whatever it takes for you to be hurt. Including people you love; those people being Clove and Peeta" my heart shatters "a-and Dash? m-y son? is he ok?" my words start to choke up at the back of my throat. "Tell me he's ok!" i feel my blood start to boil. "you said you would protect him! you lying son of a bitch!" Katniss pounces at Haymitch with anger in his eyes.

Plutarch steps behind her with a small needle. In an act of outrage i try and pry him off of her. "get off!" suddenly a prick is felt in my neck. I look to behind me and i see Finnick with an empty needle in his hands. "y-you promised.. your a- a liar!" are the last words i hear before i black out again.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Security and Power cut, moving in." A lady names Cressida says over a mic. Currently we're in D13 (which i was always told didn't exist). After the explosion in D12, they needed somewhere safe to go. I'm only here because of the mission to bring my wife back. And my son.
The program becomes glitchy. A video of President Snow is replaced with the first person pov of Cressida.

"Don't you think i know your friends are in the tribute center?" he says with a cold, evil smile. My face drops so fast. He knows they're there. He knows where they are. He could kill them any moment they want. He could i'll clove. or even worse; Dash. "cut them off." then the camera goes static again. "FUCK!" i yell out. They won't make it back. "it's a trap.. he knows they're there. no! Haymitch i love him!" she cries into his shoulder.

at least she has someone to cry to. i know nobody in this district. I cry silently to myself.
I've lost everything.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Cato! Wake up! They're here!" im shaken awake by freezing cold hands. When i blink my eyes open i see Katniss, her hair is pulled into her signature braid and she's wearing a red top with black bottoms. "Cato come on!" she sounds like she's more distressed than excited "who's here?" maybe Jules is here to take me back to D2 "Clove!" she exclaims. My eyes shoot wide, wider than the dinner plates here. She's alive. We hadn't had contact with the crew since the first day of their rescue mission

My body jolts with excitement. I jump out of my bed, grab Katniss by the arm and we rush down the halls together. We can hear the loud chatter roam through the corridor of MedBay. I look through each room and i see no familiar faces, that is up until i see a few people. Johanna Mason, Annie Cresta, Ivy Reeves, and Savannah Cresta. Then i see the perfectly familiar mop of black hair. It used of be all the way down her back but now it's just a bit lower than her shoulders.

"Clo?" i whisper softly, her body jerks around to me. Her eyes are surrounded by signs of no sleep. I can see how much pain she's in. She's real pale and getting skinny. She looks to the doctor who's injecting her arm, for a sort of reassurance. "Yep, he's real. You can say hello" what does she mean? Of course i'm real. The doctor pats her arm before walking out of the room. Once the door shuts Clove shoots up from her position

She's still so beautiful.