Chapter Four: Crossroads

"SEVEN IS THAT YOU?!" I heard my mom yell. She was smoking a cigarette.

I closed & locked the door to the apartment.

"Yes" I Sat the groceries on the floor opening them.

"Where the hell did all this food come from?"

"I went & bought them." I knew with me saying that all hell was now about to break loose but we needed the food.

"Where or who are you getting money from? Let me find out you selling your body."

What kind of a person do she think I am? Selling my body would never be an option I don't care how bad we struggle.

"It's not a big deal" I was done putting up groceries & was heading to my room, not trying to argue with my mom. But soon I felt a pot thrown at my back.

"Why would you do that?! Mom relax!" I turned around facing her

"You didn't give me a dime!"

Is she forreal right now? We barely kept food on the table & she's worrying about getting more high.

"Why? So, you could find your next fix!"

When I said that She Attacked me, punching, kicking, throwing from wall to wall finally I was able to push her off of me causing her to hit her head on the hallway closet door.

I grabbed my bag & phone to leave out of the apartment. I cried as I walked debating whether to call True or not. knowing I did not have anyone else to turn too.

I slowly dialed True number. remembering I stored it in my phone earlier. I was trying to calm down so True would not panic causing me to freakout more.

"Hello" True answered on the 2nd ring.

"Hey, could you come pick me up" I said crying.

"Seven? Are you okay beautiful? What happened?" He asked concerned

"My mom just freaked out. She is just not herself right now, could we meet up?"

"Meet me at the park 3 minutes from your house okay. that's where I'm at we can leave once you get here to talk".

"Okay" I appreciated the fact True cared. I was still slowly trusting him.

I decided to tell True everything about my life situation, I felt like if I held anymore pain in I was going to explode. plus he felt like a friend I can let my thoughts out too without being judged. Eventually I got to the park trying to clean my face from the tears and hair in case it was messed up. Even though I'm mixed with a little Italian. I get my hair from my daddy side of the family. So having hair was never a problem for me. I just like to keep it in a messy bun.

"YO I'M OPEN PASS THE BALL" I heard boys on the court I spotted True and decided to give him a minute so I sat on the bench watching.

He looked sexy as hell dribbling the ball up and down the court shooting 3's in the basket. He laughed cockily showcasing his white smile.

"Yo True! You cheated" I saw the dark skin 5'6 boy yell I thought about how boys love playing basketball and how serious they were when it came down to the sport.

"I'll be back hol up" True walked towards me

I got an nervous feeling in my stomach.

"Hey" I weakly smiled at True

"Wassup come with me, so we can talk." They walked towards True car & got in

I stared over at True, he must of just starting playing when I called he was not sweaty or nothing. Just fresh & fine as hell.