Chapter Sixteen: Turning The Tables

Me & the girls were talking & laughing. Having a good time. I never had a sleepover but for this to be my first one it was going great. I looked over at the TV seeing a woman talking about a man & burning house. Then his picture popped up it was the same man that raped me at my old apartment. I wasn't upset I actually felt relieved to know he can't hurt another female. I knew it was True or the boys that did it.

"Seven I want a pink color on my toes" Tia said

"Okay I got you girl" I started on her toenails

Tia's phone started ringing & her expression got sad.

"Hello?" She said drly

"Yeah ok ..no ....ok" She hung up

"Im sorry y'all I can't stay Jahiem on his way to get me."

"What? No tell him you're staying."

"Seven you know how he is."

The front door opened & my baby came walking in I ran up to him hugging & kissing him.

"Hey Sexy" I smiled up at him

He looked mad at first but his expression switched into a smile. I noticed Tre, Tee & Don the only ones behind him. They went to kiss they girlfriends.

"Hey baby can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Yeah"

Just as we was about to go into the kitchen the door opened & True looked up. It was Jahiem. That's when I lost my cool on him.

"So why can't Tia spend a night? You her man not her daddy."

Jahiem stood there silent not making eye contact.

"Oh so you don't hear me? I asked you a question?"

"Seven mind you & your relationship we good stop worrying about us."

"No cause this is a all girls sleepover! Why can't she stay?!"

"Bitch get the fuck out my face now!"

True walked up to Jahiem

"Watch your mouth when you talking to my girl nigga."

"Well tell your girl to mind her business."

"Seven it's cool I'll come over tomorrow" Tia said hugging me

I didn't want Tia going home with Jahiem, he beats her literally if he's mad about something or she don't do something right. I knew thats why he wanted her home.

"Tia please call me if you can't take it anymore."

I looked up seeing True & Jahiem having a staring war.

"Need to keep your girl safe yourself." Jahiem smiled

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Tee walking up punching Jahiem in the face causing his nose to start bleeding. Jahiem laughed wiping his nose.

"Bet it up Tee"

"Fuck you you snake ass nigga."

Jahiem grabbed Tia arm roughly & she whined a little I knew she was probably sore in that particular spot. True closed the door behind them. The rest of the girls was confused as to what happened between the boys.

True grabbed my hand as we went upstairs into the room. He sat us on the bed sighing heavly.

"Ight baby I'm finna tell you something but I want you to know I did not have shit to do with it." His leg shook up & down

"True what did you get into?"

"Baby do you by chance know a guy name Red that's after Sheri your mom?"

My eyes grew wide & my throat became dry. I got up walking back & fourth around the room.

"Yeah he killed my dad" I said looking down at my hands

"Thats Jahiem dad our boss & he plans on coming after you if he can't get to your mom. I have to get you & Sheri out of town for a minute til I handle this."

When True said that my heart dropped in my stomach. My palms became sweaty. I didn't know what to think about helping spare my mom life. She let my dad get kilt over this. I closed my eyes. I felt True put his arms around me.

"He can have Sheri."

"Seven? Baby, do you really mean that?"

"Yes! Yes I do because she didn't try saving my dad life, she didn't care when she let a man rape me!" I said breaking down

"Okay baby okay" True was hugging me

"But I still want you out of town for a bit."

"No True I'm not leaving you."

"Baby I'm going to be fine okay?"

The thought of losing True to this gang life shit scares me. & to be on the other side of the world while he down here handling Business made me even more on edge.

"Guess it's time to teach me how to protect myself cause I'm not leaving your side."

He looked down at me smiling crashing his lips into mines.

I know it was a dumb idea to try helping True take down Red but this the same man I feared when he came to my apartment door a couple months back. Plus I'm tired of being scared of people. I know we could pull this off if we go in the right direction.