Chapter 3

Ominis POV

Ominis POV

I listen as she soars through the skies, her laughter echoing in the air. Her laughter fills in my ears and I feel my heart flutter at the sound. I have to cut that out. I know she is with Sebastian. I may be blind, but I'm far from deaf. When I had walked up to his door this morning, I swear I heard something I shouldn't have. I swallow deeply, trying to focus on anything but the way y/n's laughter makes me feel.

Despite never seeing her, I know she's beautiful. The sound of her airy voice, the kindness of her actions... I know it. But I cannot do anything with it. She's with Sebastian. That is that. Obviously, with how cold I was to her at first meeting, I could not have expected her to develop the same feelings as myself. But perhaps... Maybe she feels an inkling of what I do, the way she speaks to me, confides in me. It could possibly mean something more. I am simply not nearly as direct or forward as Sebastian. With time, maybe she could realize how much I care for her.

No. Stop. It isn't allowed. Sebastian is my best friend. They're clearly happy together. I cannot do anything to ruin their happiness. Especially since Anne... Anne. The only other woman I've ever allowed to touch me as Sebastian so obviously pointed out. But Anne also isn't an option seeing as how she is Sebastian's sister. Twin, nonetheless.

I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Of course. The only two women I've ever cared about are completely off limits. I run my fingers through my hair as Sebastian whoops at something she does in the air. It will take everything in me to hold myself back. But I must. Right?

"Ominis? Where you at mate?" Sebastian says, waving his hand at my face like a fan so I feel the air against me.

I blink several times then swat at Sebastian's hand, "Quit that. I'm fine. My mind was just somewhere else for a moment."

Sebastian laughs, "Ominis you get lost in that mind of yours far too often. Sometimes it's okay to enjoy the moment we're in."

I snort at him and cross my arms, "Just because I have more on my mind than you ever will doesn't mean it is a bad thing."

I smirk in his direction. I feel Sebastian shove me and laugh.

"You think too much. Sometimes you just gotta do," Sebastian jokes.

I chuckle at the irony of what he just said. If only...

"What are you boys teasing about now?" y/n says, panting as she lands, I hear her kick up her new broom, "This is absolutely brilliant by the way. The best gift ever!"

I can feel the happiness emit from her as she speaks. Her gratitude never ceases to amaze me, "I'm thankful you're enjoying it. Since I've heard countless times from the students how you're better at flying than Imelda, we figured such a spectacular flier deserves the best for such endeavors."

"Don't let Imelda hear about that, no matter how true it may be," Sebastian quips beside me.

y/n laughs, her laughter airy and light, like music to my ears.