Chapter 5

"And you'll write as often as you can? You promise?" I ask Ominis, trying not to cry again

He nods sincerely, "Of course, y/n. You have my word."

I wrap my arms around his back and hug him, feeling tears slip from my eyes against my will. As I pull away I kiss his cheeks, noticing his face redden after. I turn to Sebastian and hug him too.

I wrap my arms around his neck and peer into his face, my eyes watering still, "Oh Sebastian... I'm so sorry."

He kisses my nose, "Not your fault. You've nothing to apologize for. I'll be sending you letters each day that I'm not already with you."

"You mean it?" I ask, feeling fragile.

He gives me a serious look, "I promise. You can't get rid of me that easily, lovely."

I smile through the tears and kiss him deeply. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me in tightly, kissing me back passionately. The kiss is longing and desperate. I absorb myself into the moment, trying to memorize the feeling of his lips on mine. His scent of fresh parchment and the woodsy earth filling my senses. The taste of chamomile tea on his lips. I don't want this moment to end, but alas, it does. We pull away from one another reluctantly.

His expression is fierce and endearingly at the same time, "This isn't over, y/n. We aren't over." He brushes the tears from my cheeks, "You don't need to cry. This is just another adventure. We are in this together."

I smile lovingly at him as he kisses my tear-stained cheeks. As I pull away he squeezes my hand before it falls. I sniffle loudly and clear my throat.

"Right then. S'pose it's time for me to leg it. I'll see you boys later," I say, my voice breaking.

Ominis gives a warm smile and a wave, his throat bobbing. Sebastian blows me a kiss and winks at me, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips. I pretend to catch Sebastian's kiss and place it in my pocket. Sebastian chuckles and it rings like music to my ears. I turn around and see Barton off in the distance standing by the front doors.

"Leviosa," I say to my luggage, as it springs up and floats beside me. I make my way to Barton and stand beside him.

"Ah, you're here. Place a hand on your luggage and the other on my shoulder please. Are you ready to go?" he asks in that stupid falsely pleasant voice.

I look back to Ominis and Sebastian who remain unmoved, their focus entirely upon me. I smile at them, feeling a pull on my heart.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I reply, placing a hand on my trunk and the other on Barton's shoulder.

I stare at Sebastian and Ominis and watch as they fade to black as I'm pulled and twisted into Barton's apparition. It feels tight, far too tight. My entire body feels as if it is being forced into a keyhole. My inside churn violently and before I know it I'm stumbling at the foot of an immense castle, a thick fog surrounding us.