Chapter 11

Spice Warning

Spice Warning

Sebastian's POV

I kick the bed in frustration, trying to do anything to get out of my own head. She loves me. I need to focus on that right now. I pace back and forth through the Gryffindor common, thankful that everyone is either out for the Hogsmeade or roaming the Hogwarts grounds. I wring my hands through my hair and try to block from my mind what y/n's response could possibly be. My best friend, and my girlfriend. There's no way. No way. Right?

My thoughts are interrupted as Ominis and y/n walk into the room. I release the breath I have been holding in to see them chatting casually. As y/n looks up, she catches my eyes and gives me her best smile. I feel my heart flutter at the sight. I walk up to her quickly and impulsively pull her into a tight hug. She giggles at me and I can see a faint pink tinge to her cheeks as I release her. I don't want to ask. I don't want to know how it went. But a deep, nasty part of me screams to know anyway.

"So. Er- How..." I try to maintain my composure but managing to get words to come out of my mouth proves to be more of a struggle than I had anticipated.

Ominis looks visibly uncomfortable as he speaks, "It's fine, Sebastian. She knows. And it's fine."

I nod my head and rub my hands against my trousers, feeling my palms begin to sweat, "Right. Fine. Of course."

Y/n steps up to me and cups my face in her small hands. The look on her face is sweet and loving, "It's fine, Sebastian."

While I can see the sincerity in her face and hear it in her tone, I don't feel fine. The little green monster of jealousy is toying with me. I take y/n's hand in mine and squeeze it. I'm sure she can tell I'm nervous. Before I can get another word out, a handful of people pour into the Gryffindor common room excitedly.

"Y/n! You're back! Thank goodness you're back!" Natsai says, running up to y/n and swooping her into a friendly hug.

"Natty! My goodness it has been far too long," y/n says cheerfully.

Ominis and I smile and take a step back, allowing y/n's friends to crowd her.

"I was beginning to think you went off on another adventure without us!" Nellie says, smiling broadly at y/n.

"Oh never without you Nellie. The daredevil herself? I would never," Y/N says while laughing, looking so happy it makes my chest warm.

"And just what are these Slytherin boys doing imposing in your common room?" a sassy voice says entering the portrait hole with what looks like a nervous first year boy.

"Imelda!" y/n shouts with joy.

Imelda smirks at y/n and allows y/n to hug her. The rest of the night goes pleasantly, aside from the new Head boy and girl lecturing Ominis, Imelda, and I around midnight to return to our own dormitory's. Imelda only gives a slight argument but heads out with us nonetheless, proving she is most definitely still more talk than anything else. The first week back for y/n goes well too. Y/N is so preoccupied with engaging her friends again that I barely have a moment alone with her. Ominis and I have remained quite silent with one another.