Chapter 10

Ominis's POV

Ominis's POV

Sebastian looks in my direction and clears his throat, his stare piercing me. I tilt my head back and stare upwards with intensity, trying to shake the feeling of the two of them gazing at me. This isn't how any of this should have gone. Least of all, I never wanted to do this in front of Sebastian. I owe him that much of a courtesy.

"Someone say something damnit!" y/n snaps, getting frustrated.

"It's nothing, y/n," I reply calmly, attempting to regain my composure.

My head is throbbing enough already, the last thing I need right now is another confrontation. Ada's occlumency skills were quite outstanding, really. Not being able to ward her off due to the surprise of the attack had me already feeling lesser than.

"I do not appreciate being lied to," y/n says heatedly.

I breathe in deeply and force myself to look in her direction. I can almost picture how she must look right now. Her arms are probably crossed and by now she must be glaring at me. If she looks anything like she had before by the thestrals, I imagine her anger only intensifies her every feature. Sebastian is probably right, she is still beautiful when angry.

"Look, y/n, we can-" Sebastian starts, being cut off by a nearby voice.

"Hmph. What in God's name has happened here?" William's voice says angrily while other footsteps echo around him.

I can tell from their aura that it is Professor Stone and another adult I've yet to meet.

"We heard shouting and came as soon as we could. What is going on? Why is everything wet?" the shrill voice demands, coming from below me. The woman must be shorter than me, and while her voice is not pleasant to the ears, I can sense the genuine concern behind them.

"Professor Brown, it was Ada. She attacked Ominis and Sebastian," y/n says quickly to the woman with the shrill voice.

"I never! Young Ada? Couldn't possibly be," Professor Brown replies, shocked.

"I swear Professor, it was completely out of nowhere," y/n explains desperately.

"Hmph. Where is she now?" William growls, satisfied with y/n's explanation.

It is truly astonishing how trusting y/n is. Anyone who meets her and gets to know her is gifted with honesty through and through from her. It's clear that it isn't just Sebastian and I who trust every word out of her mouth.

"I dunno. She ran down the hall and I was a bit preoccupied with getting Sebastian out of the spell she casted," y/n says, sounding a bit irritated.

"Hmph. I'll go investigate. I always knew something was off about that one..." William replies, hastily walking off in the direction Ada had run off towards.