Part 2

(Ian)

Dragging his heavy body around makes me regret killing him so early. He had it coming. He's been stealing money from my family long enough. My father never noticed until he saw him with his own eyes.

Once I'm at the lake my father requested throwing him in, I tie a big rock around his body before doing so. I watch as his body sinks, remembering that McCain's son saw me. I need to take care of him.

As I'm thinking a way out of this mess I get a phone call from my father- the one who ordered me to kill the old shit.

-Yes?- I pick up.

-Is it done?- he goes straight to the point. He never asks me if I'm ok, he only cares If the job is done.

-Yes- I say as I'm walking back to my car.

-Good. You can rest for now- can I? I end the call and drive to my grandmother's house. The only person I care about. I go into her room and her face brightens once she sees me.

-Hi nana- I go to give her a hug and she holds me tight. Everytime my father sends me on a mission to kill I come by to see her after. She always makes me feel better.

-How are you my boy- she caresses my head.

-I'm good grandma, how are you? Have you eaten yet?- I look at the empty table.

-Not yet baby, do you want me to cook for us?- I nod and she gets up. I rest my sore body on her couch while playing with the chain I took from McCain's son. I need to find a solution. Grandma finishes with our meals and calls me in the kitchen. We sit down and we both dig into our plates.

-You look exhausted honey, does your dad overwork you again?- she doesn't know exactly what I do for him, she thinks I go to meetings with him. I only nod at her question and she innocently smiles.

-You can always come here when you feel too overwhelmed- I finally let a smile plant on my lips and she pinches my cheek.

-You're so handsome when you smile, you should do it more often, maybe that way you'll get a girlfriend- she teases me and I laugh at her precious smile.

.............................................................................................

(Kai)

-Fuck yeah!- Erik screams in my ear as I chug down shots after shots at the bar. It's his birthday and I'm using it as an excuse to get drunk. A few shots later I decide to take a break and relieve my painfully full bladder.

Thanks to the motherfucker who took my mother's chain last week, I haven't had proper sleep and If getting drunk gets me a little rest then I'll pay the price. As I'm walking to the bathroom I get a message from my father.

'It's important, be in my office in 10'

Fuck. Why does he do this shit. It's almost midnight and I'm halfway drunk. I do my job and wish Erik a happy birthday again. With numb legs, I walk towards the exit of the bar where a bunch of uber drivers are parked, waiting for drunks like me to finally leave. I get in one and tell him my address. As soon as I'm home I go upstairs where my dad is waiting for me impatiently.

-What is it so late?- I sit down in the chair and rest my head back. It's too heavy for me to keep it up.

-You need to go back to that house before the cops do and take the dead man's safe. Now- I laugh in disbelief but he doesn't seem to be joking.

-I've been drinking, send Roy to do it- he gets up from his seat and approaches me with slow steps. He takes out a gun and hands it to me.

-Nobody knows about this. You have twenty minutes before the cops come. You should hurry- I glare at him before taking the gun from his hands. I run downstairs and hop onto my motorcycle. Everything in front of my eyes is blurry but I try to stay focused on the road.