Part 6

(Ian)

-Where are the documents?- my father immediately attacks me with questions but thankfully I had all night to make up excuses.

-I took him to the woods and tried to find out who sent him but he wouldn't say anything. So I killed him. I didn't know that he took the files, I thought you caught him before he could take anything so I burned his body while the documents where in him- I keep my face neutral so that I sound convincing, but i can see it in his eyes that he isn't buying any of it.

He slowly approaches me and I can feel my heartbeat speeding up. He's avoiding eye contact with me which gives away that he's angry. In fact, he's furious. So furious that he's smiling.

-You didn't know he took the files- I swallow hard. My stomach is turning at the thought that he might know that Kai was the one who broke in our house. I'm so nervous that I don't see his punch coming. I cover my cheek in pain and he grabs me by the neck. He's never went this far.

-Did you forget we own cameras?- He's speaking through his teeth. Why didn't I think of that. He saw everything.

-Who is he Ian, I'm not playing with you. You have two seconds to tell me who he is and why you helped him?- I stay silent. There's no way in the world I'm outing Kai to my father, I'd rather die.

-You're not speaking, huh? You are betraying me, your own father, for some guy- he releases my neck and I look at the floor.

-I've raised you your whole life, I gave you everything and this is how you pay me back?- I know it's not right what I did, but I don't regret saving Kai. If anything good has ever happened to me in my entire life, it's probably meeting him.

I might never see him again, but I won't be able to forgive myself if anything happens to him because of me. I see myself so much in him, we both don't want anything to do with our fathers' businesses but it's what we're born into.

-You don't have to worry about him, he won't cause any trouble- I try to reassure him but he doesn't seem to buy it.

-So you won't tell me. Who are you protecting Ian? Why are you protecting him?- he gets closer to me and I try to avoid his glare. I have no idea what to tell him. I can't tell him that I care about the guy who wants to sabotage him.

-Good, don't tell me who he is, but trust me son, if I ever find out who he is, I'll kill him right in front of you, matter of fact, you'll kill him yourself. Willingly or not- I clench my jaw out of fury before storming out of the room trying not to break everything on the way.

I never thought I'd have to go this far for anyone other than my grandmother. It never crossed my mind that I'd be ready to sacrifice everything I have to protect that someone. But everything I have is nothing compared to him. I'd give anything to know he's fine.

The moment I met him I knew he was going to impact my life, little did I know that I would be willing to give my own life for his safety. And it's not even about the fact that I might be in love with him, I do everything out of care.

(Kai)

I wake up in her arms still wrapped around me. The sour feeling in my chest is back but I'm trying to ignore it. She opens her eyes and a smile immediately appears on her face, making everything seem brighter.

-Can you tell me what's wrong now?- her voice is gentle as she caresses my cheek. I could tell her everything without hesitation if I wasn't scared of her reaction. I can just imagine how her beautiful smile turns into a face of disgust once I tell her what happened yesterday.

-It's my father... he's being an asshole again- she looks at me saddened. I stroke her cheek, trying to reassure her that everything's fine but she doesn't believe me.