Chapter 18

If anxiety was a person? Then it'd be me. I literally was loosing my grip that I just had to get out of the hotel room. Thoughts swarm in my mind and some thoughts I didn't even want to begin imagining coming through.

What if my plan didn't work? I asked myself. Well I sure hope it did.

Riven was in the bathroom taking off his bandages I almost forgot he cut his hand while punching a mirror two days ago.

"Hey how's your hand now?" I asked popping into the bathroom.

He looked at me then back at his hand touching his hand. The wound had actually healed with just a little scaring that should wear off with time, "all better now".

"Great" I replied. In a bid to try and take my mind off things I suddenly had an epiphany.

"Hey Riven.." I drawled.

"Hey ghost.." he drawled back.

"Wanna go somewhere" I trailed.

"Uhh, as much as I want to say no just to irk you, I do need air so sure why not?", He stood up, checked his appearance threw on a pair of shades, a baseball cap and cologne and wore a pair of Nike and said with a huge smirk plastered across his face "a star always gotta look like a star".

I rolled my eyes at that statement clearly unimpressed and walked out. He followed after me.

"Wanna take the car?" He suggested.

"No, let's just walk".

He nodded, falling in line with me our steps matching. We made small talk till we reached my neighbourhood.

Rivens eyes scanned everywhere taking everything in. Different thoughts I'm sure racing through his head. I stood in front of my house, looked at the white beauty and smiled.

Work and renovations had already commenced on it I see. Although no one was present today. I smiled and sat on the small steps of the front door.

"I'm guessing this is your house" he piped in pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah it is" I affirmed "this is where it all happened".

"Your house is beautiful" he said.

"Are you trying to just flatter me cause there is nothing pretty about this house right now" I laughed his statement off.

"I see the heart in it not the surface of it" he explained.

"Wanna come in?" I offered..

"No, dont worry I'm good" he declined.

"If you ever need anything, you can come meet my parents they would be happy to see you. They have a big heart" I told him. He really needed another family a place where he could consider his second home and I hope he can have solitude here. I silently hoped and prayed.

"Your parents don't know me, I don't think it would be appropriate " he rubbed the back of his head.

"Well how about I tell them about you" I suggested my eyes lighting up.

"No, no don't bother" he said "I already have a family, or at least I had a family".

"Sit down' I told him.

"Why?" He asked.

"Just sit down for a sec" I groaned I didn't have strength for all this and I really wanted to help him see clearly.

"Riven, you have a family not you had a family, no matter what you do or say they'll always be your family" I tried explaining to him.

"Well family doesn't betray each other" he countered.