Chapter 21

Eliza and Rebi's bucket list of epic greatness.

1. Go shopping.
2. A spa day.
3. Dress fancy and visit a fancy restaurant.
4. Baking a cake.
5. Prank call Heather and Avery
6. Sneak out of the house and attend a party.

For a list with the title of epic greatness, it wasn't so great I know, but in my defense, these were the only achievable things in the span of three days.

We checked and wrote it together and when she put her pen down, I asked her to spill.
"Now, we've got our bucket list Eli, now you tell me what happened to you."

She tried to change the topic but I reminded her of her promise to tell me everything.

She sighed and tore her gaze away from mine.
"Rebi, my parents filed for a divorce the day you died they've been fighting everyday for weeks and haven't been seeing eye to eye for months now. I figured it was only about time before they filed for a divorce but when they actually did and told me,it still hurt.
I was on my way to tell you in the morning when I was met with the news of your death. I was so dishelved and distabilized that I went to a party and drank myself to stupor to ease the pain.
In the course of being intoxicated,I stripped out of my clothes, leaving only my underwear on and started dancing and throwing up everywhere. After I would throw up, I would pick up another wine bottle and talk to it. I would address it like I was talking to you or my parents.
I would cry,shout then cry again then subsequently throw up. Heather and Avery recorded everything and posted it online and people started calling me 'crazy drunk Eliza'.
I was ridiculed and made a mockery of, my memes are flying everywhere Rebi".

She said as she slid from the bed onto the floor with her face between her thighs and sobbed.

"Eliza..." I began but she cut me off, wiping her tears with the sleeve of her shirt.

"No Rebi, I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear any thing that sounds like pity I don't need it. I don't need to hear words like 'it wasn't your fault' because it was. I was the one who attended that party, I was the one that drank, I was the one who danced like a lunatic, I was the one who disgraced myself and my family completely ruining my reputation.

You said you can fix me right? So fix this. Fix this situation because it's partially your fault".

"My fault Eliza?" I asked obviously confused.

"Yes your fault" she said

"Eliza this isn't fair, I didn't ask to die" I told her.

"And I didn't plan to mess up my whole life but here I am" she replied raising her hands in the air.

I bit back tears "I'm sorry that everything happened to you, but I'm here and I'll help you. Please trust me, first, let's kick off our bucket list and wipe this gloominess off your face ", I stood up and waited for her to stand up.

She did slowly standing up, "now freshen up, and meet me down in 10 minutes and we'll hit the mall".

She nodded and went into the bathroom. I went downstairs to wait for her in the living room.

To while away time, I picked up the house phone and placed a call to 'Lobster heaven' which was the most expensive lobster place in the city. Their food really was heaven. I made it a table for two under the reservation of 'Lady Herian Roy' and 'Lady Ria Darlington' just to sound all fancy and tush.

***

We arrived at the mall,and went to the females section and started picking out dresses for our fancy night out.

We did our little fashion show and after two hours of having our fun, we chose the perfect dresses.

Eliza chose a daring red dress with a low back and a black shawl with killer red heels.