1) dates ?

AVA'S POV

i wish aitana would stop pushing me around the training ground just once.

jonatan, our coach always says that we should be playing actual games instead of running drills every practice. aitana and i are always against each other no matter how close we are, we're always just fighting each other in training. it's a very healthy friendship.

"oh come on, watts, you're fine!" like hell i am. i deserve to get her back already. "ya bonmatí just give me the ball already." i push her from behind and she smirks at me knowing well she pushed me.

"manners would get you the ball."

"if anything i should be using my manners for you to stop abusing me at training." she chuckles and walks over to the rest of the group.

that's basically me and aitana's friendship summed up.

i can hear the steps of the men's team standing at the gate. they're always early for practice but when they're not, i happen to enjoy practice a lot more. "whoop! go ava!!" i can hear pedri say sarcastically in an american accent.

their coach xavi greets jonatan with a brotherly hug. i feel myself throw up in my mouth; jana once told me she shipped them as a joke of course, they're grown men after all, but ever since then, when i see them together it makes me sick.

"just think about it." jana whispers in my ear, knowing exactly what i'm thinking.

"i could." aitana butts in.

the conversation gets interrupted by jonatan blowing his whistle. we wrap up practice and walk out the gate slowly but surely and the sound of football boots banging together is a sound i've become familiar with.

both barça teams get along quite well because this isn't the first time we've bumped into each other.

we truly are a family which is why i can greet everyone with no problem.

"pedri!" i call after him. he's accompanied with his friends, ansu and gavi. i've had about one conversation with gavi, he is so quiet it almost annoys me that i feel like i can talk to anyone but him.

you could practically call the kid pedri's dog he's attached to him so much.

even pedri said that he needs better social skills! but i shouldn't mention it anymore because pedri has frequently given me a friendly reminder that if i tell anyone he'd kick me with a ball so hard that i'd be in a coma.

very touchy subject...

"ava! killing practice as always. or did you think i didn't see you just now?" i was kind of hoping everyone saw me, i love attention what can i say. "i bet you were that's why you're my number one fan at this point." pedri rolls his eyes at me. "you wish, you're always making a big deal out of my compliments! but then i guess you are ava watts and you get no attention whatsoever." he slaps his hand on my shoulder that it could leave a handprint.

"what was that for!?" i rubbed my shoulder and pushed pedri because it hurt like hell. "what a way to congratulate her."

woah i never knew gavi could speak.

"pedri, you're always so aggressive and i did nothing to you that time." i move away from him, not realizing i'm now standing right in front of gavi. "whatever. shouldn't you be getting off the field now? it's our practice."

"yeah yeah i was just going. have fun pedri, and you ansu. and you as well gavi."

you know when your friends are around their friends who aren't your friends so you gotta treat them like your friend for a split second? that's what i just did to gavi.

"gracias ava." he has a pretty smile, never got to notice it from being nowhere near friends with him.

"ava!" xavi runs over to me with his arms out wide. i excuse myself, saying my final goodbyes to the boys and they walk off like absolute idiots. i run over to xavi and he greets me with a hug.

the balon d'or gala is this weekend and let's just say that last year wasn't a great year for me. am i packed? no, but is pedri? not at all.

"make sure you have everything this this time, ava!"

"WE DONT SPEAK OF LAST TIME!"

yeah so i forgot my whole dress last year and i left my suitcase on the bus but things happen! everyone realized we were yelling and looked over at us. "did i say to stop? vamos chicos!" it's crazy what an old guy can do. "i'll have everything this year i promise."

"you better represent barça perfectly. everything needs to be perfect."

everything will go great. as long as he stops slapping gavi and i's name in a sentence saying that we're each other's dates.

hope you all enjoyed the first chapter!! don't be afraid to comment ideas or opinions xx