7) just let the night go right

its a longgggg chapter

AVAS POV

"PEDRI STOP RUNNING! IM GOING TO BREAK MY FOOT!" pedri was running to the door and i'm surprised i haven't broken my ankle yet.

by now we were getting into the limo that had the nicest seats i've ever seen. both pedri and gavi were sitting by my side and my leg was shaking. pedri was distracted talking to jonatan.

i couldn't stop thinking about the award but i needed to, it's too much for a seventeen year old.

i sigh and try to sink into my seat. gavi must've heard me sigh, seeing as we're so close that our legs are literally touching because pedri thinks it's ok to spread his legs so wide and take up my space. "you okay?" i know he's genuinely asking, but that's the worst thing to ask a person when they're anxious.

"yeah, big night, that's all."

he looks me dead in the eyes, we both know i'm bullshitting, "so this isn't about you know who." he says it into my ear. at least someone here knows how to keep a secret.

"it's just the fact that i need to see him after turning him down. but i'm more worried about us." i bite the inside of my cheek and break eye contact with him. "why?"

"i'm afraid about what people have to say, your fangirls especially. they can be really scary." this time gavi looks at me sincerely, "but, if you got given the chance to date jude. would you? like actually?"

"nah, i'm no good at long distance."

he nods at me, "sorry again for-"

"you apologize more than you say anything else, gavi. stop that." my leg continues to bounce and i look around because i feel bad.

though, it doesn't take long for our eyes to meet again.

he placed his hand on my leg that was bouncing, "or you could stop worrying so much. you look really pretty tonight. you're a pretty girl." the sincere look before i snapped at him was still there.

"thank you. you look fantastic." he smiled at me with the smile he'd given me this morning.
the car stops and i look out the window. we're here. we all get up and the second i exit the car, i see jude on the carpet getting photos taken. i didn't realize the same hand that was on my thigh not even a minute ago is reaching to help me out of the limo. i give him a smile as i get out, adjusting my dress, hoping nothing looks off.

"i forgot to wish you good luck by the way." gavi looks back up at me and politely smiles, "i appreciate it, might need it."

might?

gavi and i walk onto the carpet and we get a bunch of photos together. when gavi finished getting some photos on his own he stood next to me.

"save me a seat." i kiss his cheek and i can hear photos clicking and the heat of the lights on us. what can i say? i love the attention.

as soon as gavi left in the direction of the the large ceremony hall, i felt a hand on my shoulder. "hi." it was jude. he greeted me with a polite smile.