2) never ever

GAVI'S POV

"i'm surprised." pedri says as we lean on each other for support during the stretches. "que?"

"well xavi is obsessed about you and ava being dated for the gala and you've only spoken to her like once." yeah honestly, i think xavi is out of his mind. "well i hardly see her, so i don't know how i could ever have a full conversation with her. and xavi has said multiple times that he wants everything to be perfect, but, i don't understand how me and ava being dates is gonna help."

pedri agrees and we're done for the night.

i prefer practice at night over early morning practice. i dread it. if it weren't for pedri who gives me a ride everyday, i'd never get out.

"that doesn't mean you and ava wouldn't be good together."

ava and i are the youngest people on our teams so people happen to.. ship us? god i need to get away from my sister.

"yeah right. you said it yourself, i've never spoken to her."

"well you should cuz she's great. she's a great athlete, probably better than you, she's pretty, dribbles like crazy-"

"who asked, ansu?" and he has no say in who's better than me or not. "also better than me? te pasas, i know she's good but you didn't have to say it like that."

"but i did."

"but, you didn't."

"but-"

"oh shit she's still here." pedri points out. she's talking to xavi and it looks like they're discussing something that might have to do with me by the way ava's looking at me as i approach the water.

"gavi!" xavi calls and signals for me to go to him.

kill. me. now.

"i think we know why i have both of you here." ava is looking down at the grass, meanwhile i'm waiting for this conversation to end. "let me first start by saying, i'm sorry for.. false advertising? i don't know how to phrase it-"

"it's more like lying to the media, but go on.

"and not telling either of us about it." i add on.

xavi nods, probably thinking we'd just let him speak, "yes but you both have to understand-"

"come on xavi, try understanding death threats from ten year olds in my dms."

my head snaps up after letting it fall. "los que?" she looks up at me and nods. "you're fangirls aren't the nicest."

"ava i'm really sorry-"

"ava, gavi, i'm really sorry i didn't know a little publicity would hurt, especially you, ava." i can sense how bad xavi really feels, but the damage had already been done.

"then be my date, gavi. it's not like we can just call it off. but that is if you like of course."

"oh?"

oh?

"is that a yes or a no, gavira?" she looks between me and xavi. i really shouldn't have said anything.

"ok, i'll be your date." that was a lot easier than i expected. xavi starts clapping and pulls me and ava into him our faces are smashed into his chest. "mi mas favorito pareja."

"xavi, it's not even a real date." ava has to add in.

"exactly." he finally lets us go and moved aside when one of the players call for his attention.

"gavi, i'm going to be honest with you. i was originally supposed to go with jude bellingham and then tie the knot after the gala."

"what."

"i'm only kidding but that doesn't mean he didn't ask." so that's why she was annoyed. she wanted to go with jude, or planned to anyways. "okay then let's rethink on our own. you want to go with jude? then go with him." was that mean?

"but gavi!" i cross my arms because at this point, i couldn't care less. "ava, just call it whatever. you can decide, i'm fine either way."

yeah so what i'm annoyed? practice ended like twenty minutes ago and i feel like i'm dealing with primary school drama.

"i'll give you an answer by tomorrow. i'll give you my number so neither of us have to drop plans for a simple yes or no?"

"umm, okay." we exchange numbers and call it a night.

as i'm walking back, i'm trying to make it seem like i forgot something because pedri and ansu have their arms crossed and look like they could kill me any second now.

"you're an idiot. you're making her turn you down for some brit?!"

"no seriously, AVA WATTS WAS JUST RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. YOU HAD HER! EVEN IF IT WAS A FAKE DATE, YOU HAD HER!"

could they shut up for a second?

"she hasn't turned me down yet. and will you both leave me alone about her already?!"

she has them both wrapped around her finger and yet i, who's not interested whatsoever, gets dragged into all of this.