3) secrets

AVA'S POV

it's only a few hours before we leave and i'm sat at my desk with my laptop opened.

now, i know this isn't the nicest or fairest way anyone could decide who to go to the gala with, but i have two tabs opened on google with jude and gavi's faces plastered on it.

"ava, you're pathetic."

aitana, jana, and i all live together due to the fact i'm not even old enough to rent a place.

"honestly, just pick!" right cuz that's soooooo easy.

i want to go with jude. a while back he popped into my dms and i have never panicked more in my life. he said something along the lines of me being a great player and looking beautiful while doing it. i mean come on! jude bellingham said that about me to me?! "okay, but you do understand that if i do go with jude , xavi will brutally murder me?"

"but if you go with gavi." aitana butts in, "the media won't be disappointed, but his fangirls will go insane, aswell as jude's if you go with jude."

"i say go with bellingham, aren't you crazy over him or something?" jana pitched in. definitely not crazy, just a little crush. "yeah, but she goes crazy over every guy she lays her eyes on." and there goes aitana. "especially footballers."

"shut-"

"remember when we were watching atletico and you came home to stalk joão felix even though he's with his cheating ex and it made you go insane?" three times is crazy.

now that's pathetic.

he deserves better (me, i'm who he deserves.) "back to what we were talking about." they always find a way to embarrass me. "so, aitana you think i should go with gavi, and jana you think i should go with jude." they both nodd.

fuck it.

"you know what? fuck it, i'm going with gavi." the last thing i need is a bitchy xavi.

jude and i are unfortunately two people in two different countries and i've never actually met him.

but gavi is also nominated for golden boy, it's the perfect chance to be his date? god even better.

i open my phone and rather telling jude first, i open gavi's contact.

gavi

me
hey so i put some thought into it
and decided i'll go with you.

gavi
ok, cool. and how do
we tell jude?

me
i was getting to that because i don't
want to be the one to tell jude but i
also don't wanna to that to u so what
i'm trying to say is we just.. don't tell jude.

gavi
he's going to be there. he's
gonna see us together. we
need to tell him.

me
not right now we don't. he can
find out himself.

gavi
hope golden boy doesn't get
too upset.

why was gavi being such a dick about it? i was choosing him over jude fucking bellingham. but i should really start paying attention to things, because if i did, i would've remembered that they're up against each other for that award.

to panic or to not panic?

"panic. what type of question is that? when jude finds out he's going to be crushed and angry that you didn't tell him. if gavi wins your dead to jude." it's like aitana reads my mind sometimes.

"get ready to comfort gavi when he loses, because that jude bellingham is miles better than gavi."

"thanks for the support, jana." the sarcasm in my voice says it all.