Chapter 25

"Mata"- Bhabruvahana called and tears brimmed in Draupadi's eyes. After so many years, someone called her mother.

Draupadi hugged Bhabruvahana tightly.

Then Bhabruvahana walked to Subhadra greeted, "Pranipat Queen!"

Bhabruvahana was going to touch her feet but Subhadra moved away not allowing him to touch.

Bhabruvahana looked at Subhadra with questioning gaze, "You shouldn't touch someone's feet king. Maybe I am elder than you but I am not the chief queen or empress. It won't look good if the emperor of Manipur will touch a mare woman's feet.

"If this crown is stopping me to touch my mother's feet, then I am ready to remove this crown."- Bhabruvahana said looking at Subhadra.

"But you was calling the queen"- Subhadra said.

"Pardon mata. I just wanted to see if you accept your this son or not."- Bhabruvahana said.

"How can a mother not accept her son? You and dearest Iravan gave me the feeling of motherhood for the first time.But how did you recognize me?"- Subhadra asked smiling at him.

"I heard a lot about you, Mother and our bond started when I was in my mother's arms. Then this kind of beauty like goddess Parvati herself. Who it can be without the princess of Satwatas?"- Bhabruvahana told looking at her sparkling eyes.

He was going to touch her feet but Subhadra stopped him and hugged him tightly.

Who says a woman's all motherly feeling end with the death of her children? She was still yearning to meet with her children and to pull them in her affectionate embrace. Maybe Chitrangada's son was not so close to him like Shrutkarma or Abhimanyu but it doesn't mean she loved them less. She loved 4 sons of her husband equally. It seems after Bhabruvahana's arrival, she got someone again to shower her motherly affection.

She still remember that day when at first Iravan's dead body, then Abhimanyu and then her dearest little son Shrutkarma whom she adored more. All died in front of her. She was dying to get a chance to meet with her son's. She got also. Not only she, all the mothers got the chance to meet with their lost children. Ved vyas gave them the chance to meet with those heroes. Even kauravas also attained salvation and they were also in divine forms. Their mother couldn't see them but felt their presence once again. Where it was less for a mother who had given birth sons but no one survived. At least, she got some peace feeling that they are far better there than this earth. Kunti also met with her first born and she still regrets of hiding the truth. Draupadi met with her 5 sons who were the forms of Vishvadevas but due to a curse, they had to take birth and died unmarried. Subhadra also saw her Abhimanyu and she was feeling to hug him tightly and not letting him to go again but it was not possible as he was Rohini's son only who took birth to her for some years. But was the heart of a mother ready to hear all this?

She was looking at her handsome son who was smiling at her. Tears were freely flowing from her eyes. She looked at Arjun and her co wives, they were also crying and yearning to touch them, to talk with them but it was not possible. She looked at her young daughter in law Uttara who had no facial expression. This little girl was more grown up than her age. Did the meeting of few hours satisfy their feelings? No but they got peace seeing they are much better there because here, the survivors were not leaving a worse life than hell.

Subhadra came out from her thoughts hearing Draupadi's voice.

"Bhadrey, now at least leave him. Let him come inside and then talk to him heart out. See, others are also waiting."

Subhadra broke the hug and Bhabruvahana wiped her tears. "Mother, your son is here to serve you. I know I can't take the place of Abhimanyu but I will serve you and don't cry please. Abhimanyu is seeing us maybe and he will also feel bad "

Subhadra nodded and told them to come inside.

Draupadi showed Chitrangada and Bhabruvahana their chamber. Ulupi also went to her chamber.

Subhadra went to her chamber and her eyes went to the neck of her husband.....