Chapter 1: Bowser's Escape

It was night out and all of the Toads in the Mushroom Kingdom were asleep. Within the castle, a ballad can be heard within the chambers. Two Toad guards were patrolling the doors to the chamber, annoyed to hear the music playing within. Inside, a small Bowser looked depressed, sighing under his breath as he played on his piano. After his downfall with Mario and Luigi, he's been locked up in the Mushroom Kingdom for his crime. All he ever wanted was to have a companion to rule with him in his kingdom but unfortunately, it backfired.

"🎵It's been a few months

Since I tried to rule

Princess Peach, can't you see?

Besides the Super Star, I wanted you to love me

If only you could give me a chance...

Ohhh, oooh, Princess Peach, Princess Peach-🎵"

There were several slams on the doors, causing Bowser to stop playing his song. He snorted smoke out of his nose in irritation by the Toad guards. "No music, prisoner! It's night time!" The Toad guard shouted outside of the chamber's doors.

"Yeah, give it a rest. Princess Peach won't give ya a chance. No one will," the other Toad guard added as the two of them laughed. This enraged Bowser even more. If only he was big, he would make those Toads choke on those words. Coming down the corridor, Princess Peach was checking on the guards. The guards saluted Princess Peach, "Princess, you're up late. Bowser is still in the chambers and he's singing as always."

"Figures," Peach replied. "My Toads, I want to visit him. Please step aside."

The Toad guards nodded and let Princess Peach through. As she shut the doors, she spotted Bowser moping near his piano. "My King? No need to shed a tear. I am here for you."

"Princess Peach?" Bowser turned his head. "What brought you here this late?"

"I'm not Princess Peach. I'm Kamek. I've come to break you out of here."

"What?!" Bowser spotted the Peach imposter pulling out a wand that was Kamek's wand. Swirling it around, he transformed into Kamek. "So let me get this straight; You could have disguised yourself to save me the entire time?"

"Not exactly, sire. It took me a good month to find a transformation spell, it was in the illusion section of my book the entire time. Book 2 I believe? My library was a mess. I blame the Koopas for running amuck in my quarters." He fixed his glasses and used his magic to unlock the cage. "I will get you back to your normal size once we leave this place." Kamek grabbed Bowser.

"Thank you, Kamek. The disrespect here in her kingdom has fueled my anger to the max! The insufferable Toads! I will have my revenge!"

"Not too loud, sire. We don't want to alert the guards." Kamek walked up to the window and used his wand to summon his broomstick. Jumping on, he held Bowser close. "Next stop, home!" Kamek flew off fast.

"HAHAHAHA! Yes!" Bowser maniacally laughed. "I'm free! Princess Peach, don't you worry because I have ideas for your precious Mushroom Kingdom. I'll also get back at those two idiots! Mario and Luigi!"

The next morning, Princess Peach was heading to her throne room but was stopped by her two guards. "Princess, Princess! Bowser is gone!"

Princess Peach gasped, her hands to her lips. She rushed down the halls, heading to the chambers where Bowser was locked away. As she opened the doors, she was shocked. She looked down at her guards. "How did he escape?!"

"We don't know. We were watching the doors until you showed up and wanted to visit him," the Toad guard explained.

"I wasn't up last night... Oh no. It has to be an illusion spell. It's the only explanation. Let's not panic, my Toads. For now, keep watch around the castle. I will have to alert the other guards about this." Princess Peach walked off, worried about what Bowser would do next. Obviously, she knows that he wants revenge. She needed to recruit her friends, Mario and Luigi and it had to be done fast!