Chapter 11: An Evening with Bowser

You were escorted into your new room. Bowser would get the time to talk to you eventually. You really didn't want to do this... You were starting to regret it because you just knew he would pull another malicious plot. Your face however, remained red. The way he was acting flirty with you- he sounded like a dork. A romantic dork. "What if he kills me?! What if he makes me a sacrifice during the wedding?!" You pace back and forth in deep worry. "Bad enough that I had to put myself in this dangerous position!" The doors opened up, you whipped around, seeing a Koopa guard.

"His majesty, King Bowser, is here." The Koopa tapped the spear on the ground before moving out of the way for Bowser to walk into your room.

You backed away, feeling a little scared. His energy was just so intimidating! "What do you want?" You asked.

"No need to be scared, my fair (Y/N). I wished to speak with you. Before we have our wedding in 3 days, I would like to get to know you and show you my affection."

"Right... Well, ask away." You were shaking a bit. "What would you like to know about me?"

"What are your favorite things that you enjoy?" You can tell that Bowser was nervous in his tone which was strange.

"I like flowers. Gardening is my passion and hobby back on Earth."

"Really now? I actually have plants that may interest you. Let's talk about our interests during dinner, hm?"

"Sure!" You watched as he left the room. "Sheesh, he is one bizarre turtle monster. I wonder what we'll have for dinner."

***

As you walked into the dining room, the table was long and made of stone. The chandelier was surrounded by ghosts. You sat down, feeling a bone chill with the atmosphere. Two ghosts flew around you, their tongues out as they tried to scare you. "Go on! Shoo, shoo! Forgive our Boos, they tend to make this environment... More haunted and active, ehehe," Kamek laughed nervously. "Go back to the castle!"

"I am fine with them. I am already used to the creepy atmosphere and the creatures here."

"Very well. For tonight's dinner, we will be having turkey drumsticks- you don't mind them being spicy, do you?"

"I don't care for spice on my turkey drumsticks."

"Alright then. His majesty will be joining you in a moment. Koopas! Bring their dinner!" The Koopas left for the kitchen.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Ms. (Y/N) or should I say, my soon-to-be Queen of the Koopas?" Bowser came in with a dapper look. He looked like a complete fool with a tuxedo but at the same time, he looked like a gentleman. Hopefully, he can act like one during dinner. He sat down in his chair as the Koopas, just in time, brought food. As they set it down, Bowser immediately dug into the drumstick. You cringed at the way he porked down the food like some barbarian. He noticed that look on your face and stopped eating. He wiped his mouth with the back of his claws. "So about our interests. You like plants, I like music."

"You're into music? What genre?" You started to eat your drumstick.

"Heavily into metal and rock. Though, between you and me, I love to serenade while playing on my piano. I love a romantic flare to my music towards the ones that I most adore such as yourself~" It was really cute. You can see his face turning red. He was flustered about it.

"That is pretty cool. Why not sing and play on your piano after dinner?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. I most definitely will!" Two Koopas handed you and Bowser beverages. "A toast!"

You lifted your drink in the air.

"To my new love who will rule this world with me. I will treat this flower with the utmost care!" The two of you took a sip before eating and talking with one another.

Meanwhile, Princess Peach appeared before her fellow Toads. Her mushroom people gasped in surprise as they saw their leader return safely. For Mario and Luigi, they were in a hot air balloon, their wrists were tied up by the Shy Guys. As they returned back to the Dark Lands, the Shy Guys tossed the two overboard.

"AHHHHHH!! Ouch! Did they have to do that?!" Luigi got up along with Mario.

"Apparently so. We need to get out of these ropes and go back to the Mushroom Kingdom. Look! At least they brought us to a Warp Pipe. Let's go!" Mario and Luigi rushed towards the Warp Pipe and went inside. As they were sucked into the pipe, the two looked back, feeling bad that you had to be put in danger with Bowser. "We'll come back for you, (Y/N). Give us time."