Chapter 6: Ambushed by Koopas

It was early in the morning. You and the plumbers planned out your quest to save Princess Peach and you needed to be ready. Your energy was important. Obviously because being exhausted on your journey would only make it very troubling for you three to face any threat that crosses your way. You, Mario, and Luigi waved the Toad civilians and Toad off as you three headed down the long path. "I still can't believe that Bowser made his return!" Luigi said. "And here I thought that this world would be safe."

"There always has to be some loop with villains, like in our video games," Mario pointed out. "It's no problem with us because we will win. We will stop Bowser like stopping a leaky pipe."

"True but we have to be ready. I have a weird feeling like we're being watched."

"Luigi, don't be paranoid. Alright, here we are, the pipe. It should take us to a shortcut to the Koopa Kingdom.

"Doesn't that take us back to Earth?" You asked.

"Yes and it can take us to other worlds. You just got to travel through it correctly. This is why it's called a Warp Pipe; It can warp us randomly but it's efficient to help us get to where we need to go. C'mon, meet you two on the other side!" Mario dashed in, getting sucked up fast.

"That's so cool! I always wondered if there are other worlds out there."

Luigi laughed, "It would be a long journey to explore but that we could save for another time. Let's hurry. Take my hand," Luigi put his hand out for you to take. "We don't want to be separated from Mario."

You gladly took it and Luigi led you into the pipe as you two warped inside of it. As you guys went through it, you could see Mario heading towards a kingdom made of a mountain of lava. There were two sections within the tube and Luigi maneuvered to the right to catch up with Mario. As you two traveled, the warp got faster, causing you three to make it to the other side.

Mario rolled out, crashing into a rock. "That is going to leave a mark- OW!" Luigi rolled out fast and crashed into Mario.

"Sorry about that."

You came out, stumbling into a pile of bones. "Ahhh! Question, does Bowser eat people?! Because there are bones littered all over the place!"

Mario and Luigi pulled you out of the pile. "No, at least, I don't think?" Luigi shrugged, confused if Bowser does.

"Let's not play around. We are in the Dark Lands of Koopa Kingdom. Let's proceed with caution and not get killed." Mario waved you and Luigi on. A path on the other side filled with lava prevented you three from moving further. Of course, there were rocks within the lava for you all to tread safely but you still had to be careful not to get burnt. Mario went first before Luigi. You were nervous but followed them- that is until a bone hand emerged and grabbed you on your second stone that you hopped on.

"(Y/N)!!" Mario and Luigi screamed in unison.

"Oh no, it's those skeleton monsters that attacked me during my first encounter with them!" Luigi pointed out. "Hold on, (Y/N), I will rescue you!" Luigi carefully hopped over towards you and the Dry Koopa. Suddenly, more came out of the ground, walking towards you with their arms out like zombies.

Mario had to think fast. He grabbed a rock and threw it at one of them, knocking their head off in the process. "Nice! Watch out, fellas! I'm going to pitch this for the WIN!" Mario picked up another rock, tilted his hat and ready his aim before he threw it at the one that was pulling you by the arm.

"Nice shot, Mario!" Luigi took your hand as you both walked on the stepping stones of the lava path. "There are a lot of them."

"I wonder if Bowser knows that we are here. We better not go into that castle. Last time, it was a huge mistake for me," Luigi warned, afraid to have you and Mario get ambushed by those Shy Guys.

The Dry Koopas and Shy Guys were the least of their worries. They were still being watched from the tower within the Koopa Kingdom. Kamek was eyeing his crystal ball for a while now. He was ready to plan his move. "Ahahaha! This is much easier than I thought. Hmmm, maybe I should greet them, snatch that girl, and let the rest of the Koopas attack." Kamek chuckled before vanishing into smoke and stars.

"Terrific, how are we gonna get all the way up there?" Luigi noticed Mario looking up at something.

"Those Mystery Blocks. It should have Power-Ups for us to use. Let's hope that we get the one where we can fly. Remember when I was a raccoon?"

"Oh, I definitely remember that."

"You two won't be getting any of that!" Kamek was on his broomstick. He used his wand to magically levitate you towards him. "This is way too easy! KOOPAS! ATTAAAAAACK!!" Kamek ordered, pointing down at Mario and Luigi. A bunch of Koopas, Dry Koopas, and Winged Koopas charged at the brothers.

"Mario! Luigi! Let go of me! Don't hurt my friends!" You tried to move but Kamek's magic froze you in place.

"Bowser has plans for them. Meanwhile, he may have plans for you, my dear~" He laughed maniacally before waving his wand, making the two of you vanish in smoke and stars.