Chapter 9: The Star and You Pt.2

As Mario and Luigi set off with Kamek to retrieve the Super Star, you and Princess Peach were still in your cages in the chamber. You laid your head on the metal bars, blowing a strand of hair out of your face. "This sucks," you said with irritation. "I should have not interfered with Mario and Luigi's mission but at the same time, I wanted to know what they were up to and making sure that they were okay."

"Mistakes were made but don't worry. I know Mario as much as you do. If he has a plan, he goes through with it. I know that once he gets that Super Star, he will save us with it and take Bowser down!" Princess Peach was trying to reassure you but you felt that Bowser was just too much for them to even handle. They are powerless against him and you knew it. Nonetheless, you nodded to her, just agreeing to what she said.

The doors opened and Bowser came in as he chuckled at the two of you. "How are you two fine maidens doing? I hope I wasn't too extreme on dipping you girls into lava."

Princess Peach crossed her arms. "What do you think?" Her brow raised with a displeasing look on her face.

"Ehehe, c'mon, you know that I wouldn't. I just want what is mine. Once they bring me that star, they'll get what's coming to them and..." He looked at you, "You look interesting to talk to," he said as he got closer to your cage. "I would love to get to know you. I have been thinking about keeping you with me, dear."

"You promised that you would let us go for Mario! You guys made a deal," you said in anger, holding the bars.

"And I won't keep to my word," he said back to you. "Besides taking over the world, I want to have someone to rule it with me. It would be boring to do it alone. I tried to propose to Princess Peach-"

"And look where that got you! I refused but you forced me to marry you!"

"I will get what I want! All I asked was for you to be my queen."

"You tried to sacrifice the entire army for our wedding. You're a monster and I can't fall in love with one that is a complete psycho!"

"I'm not all that bad, Peach. To be fair, you and I are not working out. As I remember, I said that we are breaking up after you went and blew our moment up! Mario took it a step forward and ruined everything! I was about to be the happiest king ALIVE!" Smoke came out of his nose in fury. "I will be ready for them once they arrive with my Super Star. Until then, m'ladies, I will see you soon... Especially you, my precious flower." He left with a sinister grin on his face.

Meanwhile, Kamek, Mario, and Luigi arrived in Sky Land. To Mario and Luigi's surprise, they gasped in amazement but then Luigi screamed as he looked down. "We're really that high up here?!" Luigi shook, holding onto a cloud.

"No dilly dallying! The King is waiting! I don't have much muscles to break the very block that holds the Super Star. This is the place where it resides." Kamek tapped his foot on the cloud as the brothers looked at eachother.

As they searched, Mario spotted the many Question Mark Blocks that were hovering in the air. Two were separated by them. Mario and Luigi broke the block as a leaf floated in the air. They chased the leaf before grabbing it, causing them to fly with their tails. "How do you work these things?!"

"Luigi, just remain calm! Just put your arms up and glide to where ya want to go!" Mario said.

Kamek summoned his broomstick and flew on it, following the brothers. "This is quite easy! Look over there! The block that is glowing with so much power! That is the one! Break it so we can bring it to Bowser!"