Chapter 05

Chapter Five - Horcrux Mission II

.

In the evening I took my supper in my bedroom and summoned Cherry. My elf was no longer so afraid of me, I was relieved.

Perhaps tomorrow I should execute the plan "throw the traitorous elf out".

- "Hello, young master"

As lately I had messed up my sleeping schedule and was staying up until the wee hours of the morning, Cherry made a habit of bringing me cinnamon tea to my bedroom.

- "Cherry! At last" - I took the tray for her and left it on my desk. My elf no longer felt scared that I would do that for her - "Well Cherry, you remember what I took out of my father's study" - Cherry nodded nervously - "well that thing I took out is something very dangerous."

- "But if it's dangerous why does the master have it? It could hurt him."

- "Wait for me to explain," - I said patiently, - "that thing I took out is a dark artifact that Father will try to get rid of in a matter of time. What he doesn't know is that this dark thing can't be destroyed easily, all the missing pieces must be put together to destroy it" - I explained seriously, my elf was quiet and a bit worried - "and what I want you to do, Cherry. I want you to guard my room, don't let anyone find it or take it out where I put it,"

I went to my cupboard and removed the things at the back, I took out the wooden box and padlock.

Cherry looked at it, grabbed the key I hid in my folded clothes, and opened it. There was that cursed diary.

- "This Cherry, is very dangerous" - I warned - "no one can ever use it, not even write in it because it is cursed. The consequences of using this dark thing could be the price of your life."

- "Little master scares me"

I nodded. I closed the box and hid it back in my wardrobe.

- "Cherry, if my father finds out this diary is missing and questions you, you tell him you know nothing. Understood? And don't ever tell anyone that I took that thing out of Dad's study. No one must know that I was there, understood?"

- "Yes, master. Cherry swears not to tell anyone. I'll guard that box and protect it with my own life," - I smiled, sometimes elves are exaggerated.

Stroking her head, I nodded with relief.

- "Don't let them take it and don't let anyone catch you. When the time comes, I will destroy it myself. No one must know anything for the moment, you may go," - Cherry took the tray away.

I was brooding at my desk, I had to go into my parents' room and grab a pair of my father's stockings. Then summon the gossip elf and set him free.

Not to be mean, but I need these creatures to be loyal to me to proceed with my plans. I had planned to gather all the Horcruxes and destroy them, but on second thought, I could use these artifacts as currency in exchange for my family's freedom.

Anyway, now I had to take Slytherin's locket. Hehehe and that's in Black's house, thank goodness I didn't forget that detail. Then Helga Hufflepuff's cup, which is in my dearest Aunt Bella's vault. With this, I will have three of the Horcruxes. Then I'll be missing the Gaunt ring, but according to the spoiler my brother gave me, it's in the ruins of the Gaunt house. Plus these blessed things have some hexes on them that could be deadly to me. I still didn't have the power to protect myself and I had to go there ready.

Only Merlin will know if I succeed in this plan of mine. Then there was the beautiful Ravenclaw tiara, which was easy. It was in the Room of Requirement, thank goodness that's at Hogwarts, the third floor...