Chapter 06

Chapter Six - Horcrux Mission III

.

My birthday was only a day away. Dad and Mum had to leave the manor early, apparently, Dad had an important meeting and Mum had to go and visit some special colleagues.

But those special people were probably Death Eaters. In any case, they made things easy for me, I would go to Black's house first.

- "Number 12 Grimmauld Place!" - I took the flu. Thank goodness Mum has the open flu network between Malfoy Manor and Black's house.

Instantly I appeared in a dingy fireplace, I looked around the rest of the room, dingy and dirty, full of dust. I didn't like dirty places, maybe later I'll tell Cherry to clean the place.

I stepped out of the fireplace, took another step, and out of nowhere appeared a house elf. He was ugly, his face was bitter and old.

- "Who are you?" - What a tone.

- "Hello, I'm Draco. Son of Narcissa Malfoy."

- "Oh, you're mistress Narcissa's son," - The elf softened his voice, - "What have you come here for? We don't get many visitors."

- "I've come to collect something. But it's up to you whether you give me that or not," - The elf stiffened, - "I come here to take a locket. An item given to you by your late master, Regulus Black" - 'Thank you, Brandon, thank you for your obsession with Harry Potter.' - Kreacher made a pitiful face and his ears perked up with tension, - "It is important to me. Kreacher you must give it to me."

- "Why? What will you do with it? Master Regulus ordered me to destroy it but I have failed countless times, it is impossible to destroy it."

- "I know," - The elf was skeptical, - "I know how to destroy it, but to do so the pieces must be put together. Please Kreacher, you must give it to me."

- "How can I trust you, Mistress Narcissa's son? Mistress Narcissa is not kind to Kreacher, but she loved Master Regulus."

- "I know my mother is not kind, Kreacher. But believe me when I tell you that I know how to destroy that thing, but for that, I have to put all the pieces together."

The elf hesitated, and we stared at each other for a long moment until the elf turned away. I followed him, with a palpable tension in my shoulders. The elf led me to one of the rooms on the first floor. Kreacher moved some things into the room and then pulled out the Slytherin locket. My hands were sweaty, so I pulled the pouch out of my pocket and opened it for him to place it inside.

- "Kreacher doesn't trust him, Mistress Narcissa's son. But Kreacher feels that Mistress Narcissa's son is kind, like Master Regulus. Please destroy that thing, it was my master's last request."

- "I swear to you, Kreacher. I will destroy it and carry out my late uncle's last wish."

The elf's eyes were red, he looked like he wanted to cry. I stood up and gave him my handkerchief, the elf took it silently and wiped away his tears.

- "These days I will be sending my elf" - Kreacher looked at me - "this place is dirty and very dirty. It is a pity that a house, which is my late uncle's ancestral home, should be so badly kept. I hope you won't mind if I tell you that my elf will come to clean this house."

- "Master Draco wants to give maintenance to the Blackhouse" - The elf looked at me astonished - "Kreacher thinks that the master is very attentive, nobody comes to visit this house anymore and Kreacher can't clean this house alone."

- "So, you don't have a problem with me sending my elf?"

- "As long as Master Draco keeps his word, his elf can come and clean Master Regulus's home."