Thinking of You

Time jump to February 13th (4 weeks)

Enid's POV:

Saturday was my birthday and it was so much fun! I didn't do much but I went our lunch with my friends and Ajax even took me on a date! It was so sweet and romantic! I mean, it was kinda awkward but that's just how it's been lately. I've really been trying to love him but hanging out with him has almost been more of a chore. But I'm sure that will pass. Right?

Anyway, Wednesday got me these headphones that I've been wanting got like MONTHS. They are pink and completely sound-proof! I love them so much. It's actually really sweet that she knew what I wanted. As much as it seems like she never listens sometimes, she does. The more I hang out with her the more I realize that she listens really well. Like all the time.

She even listened to my advice to start talking to Xavier again. I don't really know if she still likes him though. We all sit together at lunch and she always sits next to me. Xavier has offered for her to sit next to him but she refuses. I assume that she still doesn't trust people. I mean who can with a past like hers. I feel bad for her but I know that comfort isn't really what she needs, not in the normal way at least. She just needs me to be there for her.

"Hello! Earth to Enid!" Yoko says waving her hand in front of my face.

"Hm? What?"

"Your boyfriend is trying to talk to you."

I look over at him sitting next to me. Oh yeah, boyfriend. I wish there was a way to just somehow just be friends without hurting him.

"I was just going to ask if you wanted my fruit. I always get it but I never want it." He says with a laugh.

"Oh, yeah sure! Oh and Yoko are you still coming over after school to watch Dateline with us?"

"Yeah, of course!"

"Wow, how can a school mess up on fruit. This is terrible."

Ajax laughs. "Why do you think I never eat it?"

I elbow him. "Wow, so you gave me terrible fruit. Love you too, babe." I say sarcastically.

Wednesday suddenly gets up and starts walking away.

"Wednesday! Where are you going?"

"I have to get to class."

I look at Yoko, confused. "Class doesn't start for another 15 minutes?"

She shrugs. Maybe she forgot something? Did I say something that upset her? Oh god what if she hates me? Great job Enid. Ruining things like always. Wait what if she's jealous? She always seems to get upset when I interact with Ajax. No, why would she ever be jealous? She probably is just tired or something.

-------

Wednesday, Yoko, and I all sit on our couch to watch Dateline. Yeah! We finally got a couch! I mentioned it like once and Wednesday's parents had one shipped. Gomez and Morticia are the best! It's actually really comfy too. It's not like a cheap couch. It's one of those really nice ones that you get from those really fancy furniture stores. It's a really pretty dark leather and it is also really big. Two people could sleep on it, easy.

The three of us have been watching Dateline for a few months now and we are already on season 31, episode 27. It's pretty much just a documentary thing about true crime and it's something that all three of us enjoy. I personally hate horror movies, they scare the shit outta me, but for some reason true crime doesn't. It's weird but I love it.

Yoko loves anything with a mention of blood and darkness and Wednesday just loves homicide in general. It's cute though. Until we started watching this show, she never used technology but I love seeing her gawk over the different ways these psychos have killed people and why.