The Arrival

Enid's POV:

I walk into the dorm, coming back from getting breakfast and see that Wednesday is just now getting out of bed. It's weird because she seems like someone who would be a morning person but she isn't at all. She always wakes up a half an hour after me but luckily she gets ready fast. She doesn't wear makeup and she always just braids her hair so there isn't much she has to do in the morning.

"Good morning." I say in a chirpy voice.

"Morning." She is almost past me when she stops and stares at the purple splotches on my neck. "We should probably cover those up."

"Oh, shit. Yeah, probably. I don't know how though."

"Have you never gotten one before?" She asks, quite surprised.

"No."

"I'll help you. I need your concealer, foundation, powder, and eye-shadow."

I nod and slip on my uniform before grabbing the products. I walk into the bathroom and Wednesday gestures for me to sit on the counter in front of her. I do as she says and and looks at my neck.

"The uniform covers up the ones on your collarbone. There's only a couple on your neck. This shouldn't be hard."

She applies green and yellow eye-shadow to the spots.

"Why are you adding more color?" I ask her.

"It helps color correct the spots. Trust me."

"Do you do this often." I say with a small laugh.

She hesitates. "I've had to before, yes."

She then adds the concealer and blends it in with a wet beauty blender. She applies foundation across my whole neck and finally sets it with powder.

"There."

I look in the mirror. "Wow. It's like they were never there. Hm. I kinda liked them."

"We can't have the whole school seeing them though."

I laugh. "That's true. But now that I know how good you are at covering them up, you should definitely give me them more often."

She half smiles then begins washing her face. I step out of the bathroom and begin applying my everyday makeup.

My hand shakes a bit when I go to put my eyeliner on. I'm excited to meet Joanna but I can't help but be nervous.

What if Wednesday does like her still? I saw the way she kissed her in that tiktok, she really liked her. What if she liked her more than me?

I set the eyeliner down and shake my hands, attempting to brush off the thoughts. I'm sure she won't. She said she loves me, and she almost never lies. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Maybe Joanna won't even come into our friend group. Maybe they will join Kent's friend group, or maybe that one friend group with the noppera-bōs. Those people used to always freak me out. They don't have any eyes or noses... so how do they breathe and see? Not to mention how they eat. I don't know, it's always just confused me.

I finish up my makeup and zip the bag up. I slide the products I bring to school into the front pocket into my bag, in case I need to touch-up anything, and walk over to the bathroom door.

I knock on the door lightly. "Leaving in 5 minutes."

After only a few seconds, Wednesday walks out, fully ready. I really don't get how that girl can get ready so fast. It takes me at least and hour but she can get ready in like 5 minutes and she still looks beautiful as ever.