Week 2, night 3

It was four in the afternoon. You had adjusted at this point to a fairly strange sleep schedule that called for sleeping the sun away and rising with the moon. The only reason you were awake at this hour was because your phone went off in the middle of your day.

"Hello," you said a little too early. Silly goose, you hadn't even picked up the phone yet! Another few rings went off between you picking up your flip phone and actually flipping it open to answer.

"Hello," you repeated, equally as groggy, but only partially as annoyed.

"Hey there, Employee," your manager answered.

"Sir? What do you need?"

"I wanted to ask a few questions, employee. Firstly, have you noticed anything strange about our Springlock Bonnie suit," he questioned the way a parent asks a three year old who broke the vase (and it's only the parent and the three year old in the house.)

"Isn't it being strange its whole thing? So that it's scary," you answered back, fitting nicely into the position of knowing child who fucked up.

"I see, I see. Not what I meant, but a telling answer."

"Telling of what?"

"You haven't noticed much. There have been roaches starting to appear around our kitchen and stuff, and it's thought that they came from the suit. Not shocked though, you are just a night guard."

"Oh, right," you replied with the calm of a man who nearly got caught for murder.

"My other question was just going to be... Well..."

"Well?"

"The man working that station in the day found a bowl in your desk? He also found a pipe."

"Oh! Oh, sometimes I bring ramen to work to eat... Should've told you," you fibbed, somewhat effectively.

"The pipe," your manager questioned.

"Self defense for if someone ever really does break in. Don't wanna die," you said. "And you never gave me a gun or baton."

"Oh, you're not wrong. That's fair," your manager replied with some acceptance that these answers could be true.

"Thank you for your time."

"No problem," you chimed.

Once he hung up, you flipped the phone closed and set it on your end table. You had almost gotten caught for some nasty shit, and while the fact you got away with it was absolutely exhilarating, you could've been in deep shit! You and Springtrap had to talk.

This information in mind, you couldn't sleep. Between pacing and feeding yourself before work (even watching some TV) you were too occupied with the fact you may be going to jail if you can't take care of this! When you finally saw it hitting time to leave, you stormed out of your house in work clothes and sweat. Once you got there, it was only 11:30, but that was fine. Bursting through the doors, the lights were already off.

The rhythmic humming of the air conditioner running softly above your head was the only thing other than your resounding foot steps. You entered the halls just after the front room (with it's desks and contracts for entrance and such...) and found yourself asking an important question as you hit the midway point between hall and actual attraction: Where the hell is your partner?

Speak of the devil and he shall appear; behind you there was a far heavier set of echoing steps approaching. As you turned around, Springtrap met you toe to toe. You looked up, half panicked and ready to get to things. Springtrap was as dopey as usual.

"Why, hello there, Partner! You look... Shaken."

"I fucking am," you said as you grabbed him by his rotting hand. The care for what mold may be growing on him (or how many insects who enjoy eating rot) was the last thing on your mind. You dragged him all the way to your station, standing in the light of it as you stopped. Springtrap did not wrench his hand away, letting you let go and huff into your seat while he watched.