Chapter 10

"It looks like you have something in your cheek." Luke laughs

"Its not funny! But it kind of is." I start laughing too

"Sometimes.. you just have to be positive in messed up situations."

I roll over so I'm not just looking at the ceiling, I'm looking at him. We're now laying down in my bed. After the kiss, and me saying yes, we just decided to lay down cause we were both worn out. "How did I get so lucky." He says softly.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, that I'm lucky to have you as my girlfriend."  

"Also extremely happy just to have you in general." He adds. I smile.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" His eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"For Michael, for what he did to you."

"Willow. You have nothing to be sorry for it isn't your fault he did this to me."

I gently brush my fingers across the gash in his cheek. I lean in and press my lips to his. Our lips move in sync. I lo- feel strongly about him. Yes. That's it. I pull away and sit up. "What's wrong?"

"Um, nothing- I just don't want to hurt you."

"You won't hurt me Wills."

I lay back down and close my eyes, feeling sleep take over me.

-

I wake up, the sun isn't up yet so I look at the clock to see what time it is.

4:27am

Why the hell did I wake up at this hour. Wait, where's Luke? I then hear muffled cries from the bathroom. Now extremely worried I practically jump out of bed and go over to the bathroom door and knock. "Luke are you in there?" He sniffles and replies "Yes." "Can I come in?"

"Yes." I turn the door knob and enter. I see Luke sitting on the floor, I can tell he has been crying by his red eyes and tear stains down his cheek. He goes to wipe a tear but then stops remembering his bruise on his cheek and not to mention the gash. "Luke, what's wrong?" I ask worriedly

"Do we have to talk about it?"

"I guess we don't if you don't want to but I would really appreciate you telling me what you're crying at four in the morning over."

"It's just something that happened in the past, todays the anniversary. I just remembered."

"Anniversary of what?"

"Something." He replies harshly "I'm just trying to help in some way, okay? sorry."

"You know. We haven't even been a couple for twenty four hours and we're already fighting!" I don't know why I'm getting so angry, well, I sort of do. Michael use to not tell me anything. I'm afraid of getting my heart broken again.

"Could you just leave me alone for the love of god!" tears start to form in my eyes. why am I so freaking emotional, I hate when I get like this.

 I storm out of the bathroom and slam the door behind me. I take off my sweat pants and throw on a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt on, then slip on a pair of vans. As I head through my apartment angrily I grab my purse and exit my apartment. I feel like I know everything about Luke, but at the same time I don't. Whatever he won't tell me, it has to be serious if he was full fledged crying about it. I'm so mad at myself, why did my anger have to get the best of me. I quickly made it down the stairs of the apartment complex so now I am walking down the sidewalk headed who knows where.