Life adopts a pet

The sun warms his hands as he stretches and leaves them in his lap. Usually the screen in front of him is black but now he catches himself turning it on more and more frequently.
Hongjoong enjoys watching the cheetah family somewhere far away every two days. He knows that the small cubs should be born soon and he can't wait to see small balls stumbling around the dry grass.

Pencil scratches fill the air as everything quiets down in the savannah.
The male turns his head away from the screen to look at the male to his right.
Seonghwa is standing over his work table with his back turned and drawing something. He has been at it the whole morning and the other doesn't dare to disturb him.

He doesn't have a reason to.

So the black haired man returns his eyes to see the next show coming up.
Hongjoong didn't want to admit it yet they both had fallen into a routine these past two weeks.
The male woke up early, after the first week managed to remember how to put the couch back to its original shape and went for a walk.
Old habits die hard.
Walking at the break of dawn felt refreshing and his limbs gathered more strength as he wandered the streets.

Upon returning by the path he had memorised, Hongjoong always found Seonghwa hovering over his work desk with a steaming coffee cup at arm's length. First three days passed and the male started making breakfast for the two of them after returning, which came as a surprise to him and Seonghwa. The man never really ate breakfast yet the quiet murmur of how his life has changed made Hongjoong think he was not referring to breakfast, at least not fully.
As the sun showed in its full glory the male always put a stop to his work and made himself comfortable on the balcony with a book in his hands.
The mosav found himself joining yet without a book to slide his eyes over. After the first week, Seonghwa came outside with two books and the second one was always placed on the table for him to choose, whether he wanted to read or stare at the city from above.

The day consisted of them silently sitting on the balcony or walking outside to the store.
Hongjoong didn't let the man show him any other spots in the big capital since that would only make him wish to stay more.
He didn't know was that what he wanted to do.
On some days, after the black haired male had discovered television, he sat on the couch that was his bed at night and looked at the screen. He figured out how to know what movies or shows will appear. It all was written in the last three pages of the newspaper that arrived once a week.
Figuring out the correct channels took a bit more time.

The night came and bought a dinner cooked by two with it before Seonghwa resumed his work.
They didn't talk a lot, chatter becoming more rare as both already knew what the other would do.
The feeling was a first for Hongjoong but he felt that it wasn't unwelcome. It made something warm soar in his chest.

"Seonghwa." he softly calls.
The male angles his head so Hongjoong falls in his view past his shoulder.
"Yes?"
Words drying on his tongue, he clears his throat.
He wants to tell him finally, just those three words that have been swirling around his mind for the last two nights.
"Won't they reveal their verdict today?"

Not this time apparently.

"Oh, you're right. Do you want to go to court?"
"Well...it is a bit far from here but I would like to know where that son of a bitch ends up."
Seonghwa puts down his sharpened pencil and straightens up.
"Alright. Let's go, I think we can make it if we hurry."
Hongjoong turns the screen off and gets up, taking one of Seonghwa's coats with him.
He looks at Seonghwa behind him.
"Will you answer my question today?"
"No." the male smiles as he unlocks the apartment and lets him walk out first.
"God, when will you finally give in, it's not that big of a secret, is it?" he groans.
"No, but I wanna see how long you will be able to ask the same question over and over again."